“Disappointed on All Accounts”
Review of Star Cafe - CLOSED

Star Cafe
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I don't like to write reviews that aren't positive, but this place is very disappointing. My wife and I tried them for breakfast, and hardly anything on the plate was satisfying. But we thought that it was just an off-experience, so we went back for a dinner. We didn't even finish everything on the plates; it really was disappointing pretty much all of the way around. The server was very nice; no complaint on the service, but the food was just not good at either meal. The fact that the parking lot is almost always empty makes me think that most everyone else has come to the same conclusion.

1  Thank Randy S

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Great fried chicken at the star cafe. Squash casserole was excellent also. I didn't care for the garlic cheese grits--very bland and soupy with cheese sprinkles ontop. If you are ever in Goodlettsville be sure and enjoy a meal

Reviewed February 4, 2013

After seeing this on Tennessee Crossroads I really wanted to try it. I had the fried chicken, my husband had the meatloaf. I tasted his and I didn't like it (too loose) although my husband did. My fried chicken was ultra-ordinary. I asked for the bisquits and even tho it was only 3PM they were out of them (odd in a place where that is supposd to be one of the specialties). I wasn't expecting live entertainment on a week day afternoon but I wasn't expecting a blaring TV show either. I could have tolerated the country music station (after all, the Star features country cuisine)- but they had on a show with Guy Fieri and some New York/New Jersey fellas arguing- not the right ambience. One more thing- my step-daughter got one of those cute star shaped butters on her corn bread, I got what looked like a streak of butter . Don't think I'll be coming back.

1  Thank Bitsyone
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have lunch here frequently. The meatloaf and chicken are delicious! They also have amazing desserts.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stopped in for breakfast on our way out of town. Delicious potato cakes, pancakes, and eggs. The biscuits and butter are star shaped. I highly recommend that you drop by for a meal!