“Very Nice Place”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Very nice place. Clean. Has a pool and exercise room. Cookies and coffee in the lobby. Got a great price with a last minute internet reservation. Wifi working in the room. Beat our expectations.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville

Reviewed November 10, 2010

My thinking here was to book a hotel just outside of Nashville so I could avoid the traffic congestions of the nearby city.

If I had known that Goodlettsville has just about the WORST traffic conditions I have EVER experienced (and I'm from New York!!) I would have not hesitated for a second to book right in the heart of Nashville instead.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable, but the locale is ridiculous. You have to snake around a Hooters for one to get to it, and the traffic light where you turn into the street it's on takes absolutely forever to change. The shopping opportunities here are astronomical though, something for everyone, which is partly why the traffic is so bad. If you don't mind the congestion and the proximity to the nearby mall, this might be a good spot, but for those of you who are specifically looking to visit Nashville, I suggest the Maxwell House instead (I stayed there during my second pass through this area.)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Enjoyed our stay here very much. The fact that it was recently built made it even better. Room was nice and big with very high ceiling. Staff was very friendly. Great breakfast choices. Good location. Everything was very clean and smelled new:)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband, brother, sister-in-law and I were on our way to Niagara Falls NY and stayed the night at the Country Inn & Suites in Goodlettsville, TN. I was so surpised to see such a great complimentary breakfast with so much hot foods. They made sure we had rooms next door to each other too. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everyone was so nice there too. I would highly recommend this hotel on your travels.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Rooms were very nice but the first night I stayed there I noticed I could not get no more than 5 channels on the TV. So contacted the General Manager on duty Vick Banker and he told me that my room was missing a cable box and that he would take care of the problem. When I came back later that evening the problem was not fixed. I went down to talk to him again and he had done left for the day. Also the showers never got real hot and the water pressure was low which I also complained to the General manager. If I had to do over again I would have stayed in another hotel. The maintaince in the hotel is very bad with a lot of lights out in the pool area and caulking around the showers were peeling off. The whirlpool/hot tub was not working properly in the pool area with no water pressure.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kd1594
Reviewed October 1, 2010

The hotel was very clean and located near resturants and the interstate
There were at least 7 lights burned out in the pool area. Very dark and dreary.
.The room was clean.
The refrigerator made a noise which kept us awake during the night. The next morning I reported it to the general manager who said he was busy but I could bring a cart and carry a new refrigerator he had to my room and bring the noisy one back down stairs to him.
I guess I looked at him in amazement and he said he would take care of it later. He did and I thanked him. I couldn't believe a general manager would expect a guest to cart a refrigerator to his room, install it and return the defective one back down stairs. Not very professional of a general manager of a hotel.
After breakfast, we were enjoying sitting at the breakfast table, talking and watching the morning news. The general manager came in and turned the tv off with out asking the guests if it was okay. I guess he was trying to tell us breakfast time was over and we should move on. "Very Rude."
The next morning I noticed the general mgr. parked his vehicle in front of the hotel practically on a painted arrow that showed the direction of trafic flow. I imagined that if a patron had parked there he would have had it towed. All other vehicles were parked in appropriate parking slots.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I am not one to write bad reviews for hotels but I was very dissappointed with this hotel. We arrived late at night after driving for 12 hours and were given a room on the first floor right next too the pool. The room had a very over powering smell of chlorine due to being right next to the pool, the room itself looked as if it used to be a storage room with super high ceilings it made you feel like you were tiny. We asked for another room and were given one on the second floor, this room had normal ceiling height but the bathroom was nasty. The shower curtain smelled moldy and the toilet rocked when you sat down. The beds were comfortable enough, but the smoke detector about the bed flashed a white light every few seconds throughout the night making it hard to fall asleep. Location wise it is right next to the highway but the location itself wasn't the greatest.
Very Dissappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodlettsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
#7 of 17 in Goodlettsville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!