“VERY NICE HOTEL!!!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Mt. Vernon, IL
“VERY NICE HOTEL!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I need a room for one night and after booking a room at another hotel and leaving after 10 min I came along this courtyard and it was the best one I have ever stayed in.. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and clean, easy access to stores its in a nice and quiet place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for only one night on our return trip from Orlando to Chicago. First of all, I can not believe that there are not more reviews for this hotel! I entered this hotel on a Friday night around 6 pm. I had a coupon that I printed prior to our vacation from ihotelcoupons.com for $69.99 a night. I had a similar coupon that presented many issues that I used at another establishment on our trip south from Chicago, So I was well prepared for some price haggling and disappointment this time around as well. Not the case whatsoever! The check in woman was nice as could be, and gladly accepted the coupon and checked me in within 5 minutes.

We were placed on the second floor in a room with a king bed. Upon entering the room, My husband and I both stopped dead in our tracks at the beauty of the room. It was furnished immaculately and it even smelled like new furniture. It was spotless! Unlike a traditional hotel room with the beds adjacent to the windows, this room had the king bed situated so it faced the large window that had a beautiful view of a residential area and the mountains behind. I have never stayed at a Marriott in my years of travel, But for the value price I paid, I was beyond thrilled with the cleanliness and décor of not only my room but the lobby and communal areas as well.

We were both hungry and neither of us felt like driving after having been on the road all day. Lucky for us, There was a Bistro on the ground floor along with a mini mart (A microwave for public use is in here as well). The Bistro prices were high, but not completely outrageous for a hotel eatery on property. The mini mart prices were severely over priced and matched (If not exceeded) the prices we saw in Disney World at the resort we stayed at there. We decided on the Bistro for our late dinner. The young man behind the bistro counter was extremely polite and sweet and he took great care in preparing and boxing our meals to take back to our room. Unfortunately, For lack of a better word, the food sucked. It was hospital quality food that all tasted microwaved and not even the dipping vegetable sticks were fresh. A miserable dinner for a price tag of $30 that included a tip for the nice young man. Keep in mind this money was for 2 Pepsi’s, A double bacon cheeseburger with a bag of chips and a tiny roast beef sandwich with a cupful of celery sticks and baby carrots. WOW! Considering that 5 minutes down the road is every eating establishment one could hope for (fast food and sit down restaurants), I wish we had left the hotel for food and saved ourselves a ton of money.

The bed that we had was the most amazing bed I have ever slept in! It was firm and so comfortable that both me and my husband fell asleep almost instantly and didn’t wake until the morning. The morning shower was just as enjoyable as everything else in our room, and provided great water pressure and nice hot water. The room we were in had a small area outside the bathroom (Almost like a small wet bar) that had a coffee maker with all supplies and a small mini fridge. Since we were anxious to get back on the road, we didn’t bother making our own coffee in room. We were pleasantly surprised when we went downstairs to check out that free coffee was available in the lounge with an assortment of different flavored creamers and sugar. That was a great way to start our morning! Check out was just as easy and fast as check in, and we were back on the road in minutes.

Courtyard will be my number one choice for any of my future hotel needs after seeing the value and quality of this chain. This hotel needs to be recognized for how exemplary it truly is in this area of Tennessee. I would recommend this hotel to any and every body! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Look for coupons on ihotelcoupons.com or in any of the hotel discount books that you can get at all...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JJRiann
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights at this property on a recent business trip. The hotel is updated in Courtyard's new style. If you like the style, you'll like this hotel. The hotel is clean and the service was fine. My one critical comment is that the technology in the hotel seemed sub-par. I was unable to access wireless which is ridiculous in this day and age. Even the hardwired connection was extremely slow. I was actually unable to print a boarding pass in their business center as no printer was working. Given this is a business hotel, the technology issues need to be improved.

Room Tip: All seemed of equal quality
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've stayed at several Courtyards as of late and really enjoy the fresh updated lobby's and value of these properties. This property though missed on several points.

Check-in was confusing with the desk person strugggling to find and understand our reservation. Our preference on the reservation for a feather free room and extra towels was not fulfilled. We were the only ones checking in at the time and there was no offer of help other than handing over the key and pointing to the elevator.

Our lowest scores go to the water temperature that both with an afternoon and morning shower, could not really deliver what I would call a hot shower. And the property was looking a little ragged around the edges, surprising for such a new property.

We also were not happy with the location. Unless this is on your exact route I suspect there are better neighborhoods to be in and around.

We're headed back to Nashville soon and plan to try another Courtyard. Wold not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Illinois, USA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Spent there one night on the way back home so for us the location was perfect - right by the interstate.

They're not great at answering their phones - this is the only gripe.
Friendly front desk staff, although front desk itself is quite unusually looking - I walked right past it! It is just a little stand, much like you'd see one entering a restaurant.

Room and bathroom were comfortable, clean, quiet. Water pressure was very good. The area felt safe.

We were not able to try their breakfast - they end serving it at 9:30 and we slept in.

Word of advice - if you are driving from another state, stop by one of those tourist welcome areas and pick up some booklets with hotel coupons. We were able to get a room at this hotel for about 55% of the going rate!

Room Tip: Get hotel coupons at tourist welcoming centers while entering the state - great values.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 5, 2012

check in was easy. driving into the hotel is a bit tricky. it's on top of a hill and it's hard to see oncoming traffic when you turn left into the hotel. beautiful decor in the lobby and in the room. architect and interior designer were brilliant. nice colors too.

pool was cold. i know it's summer and it was 100+ degrees when we went there last week but if it's indoor, at least make it warm especially when it's AC and what not. if it's outdoor, then frigid water for 100+ temperature is acceptable.

breakfast apparently is not usually included. we purchased this online through orbitz and got breakfast included. the chef in breakfastwas nice but surprised when i said, my breakfast is included in the room. he had to check with this boss to confirm. healthy starter was delicious.

ladies who checked us in and out were okay in service. they did their job.

rooms were spotless and beautiful. atmosphere very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We needed a nice spot to spend the night on the way to Kentucky after attending the Grand Ole Opry on a recent Friday night. The Courtyard in Goodlettsville was great for our short respite. The staff was courteous and efficient. The rooms were spotless and quiet. All in all a good place for a good night's rest on Interstate 65.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodlettsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
#7 of 17 in Goodlettsville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville

Been to Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!