“Comfortable hotel with great staff”

Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Valparaiso, IN
“Comfortable hotel with great staff”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet even though it was near an interstate. Hot breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
prefer not to say
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a few times before my last trip, all for business. The first few times the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Needless to say, my last trip was not good! I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst surprise, a bug on the headboard...you know what that means, bed bugs! I checked out of the hotel right then, beware to all make sure you check the bed before you go to sleep at this hotel. It might be good to take some RAID bug spray or the Terminix man with you. When I returned home I called the hotel to talk with the manager, she told me that she would call me back later that day...6 days later and I have yet to hear from her. Seems like she doesn't want to admit that the hotel she manages is infested with bed bugs!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank roaminggnome10
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed here as this was a convenient stopping point on our return drive from Florida to Indiana and the reveiws on this site were OK. We have had mixed experiences with this franchise, some have been very good, and some have been very bad but we thought we'd give it a try.

First the good. The room was decently sized with a partial room divider. The two double beds were comfortable, and the couch converted to a bed so the room could sleep six, if needed. The room also had a mini-fridge at no extra charge. It is easy to find as it is right off the interstate. While some have complained about the traffic noise, we did not hear it. However, the weather was warm so we had the air conditioner running while in the room. Front desk help and breakfast buffet attendant were polite and efficient. Ice machines dispense lots of larger cube ice- nice when you are traveling with a cooler.

Now the bad. There were stains and burn marks everywhere. Stains on the chair cushion, the sofa cushion, one of the bedspreads, and the large chest used to store extra blankets and pillows. At least 10 different burn marks from people leaving cigarettes on the faux marble bathroom counter, room dividers, etc... (and the easily detected smell of smoke- apparently some missed the "100% smoke free environment" signs). The shower curtain rod was very bent and in need of replacement. The trim on one post for the room divider was partially broken and missing. I acknowledge that all of this is probably more a management/maintenance issue, as the cleaning lady seemed to do a good job of bathroom cleaning and sweeping, but it matters not to me who is at fault; at north of $100 a night (there are fees on top of the taxes for this hotel, so the low rate is not really a true cost of what you will pay to stay here) I expect a clean and well maintained room, not this. Lastly, the desk attandant did not seem to know what a pack & play was- so none of those if you need one for a toddler to sleep in. They only have cribs.

This room could have been a decent find as there are many things going for it, but we couldn't get over the eew factor of stains and poor maintenance. Further, once you factor in the true cost to stay here it's not all that great a value. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MS
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for one night while visiting family in the area. The size of the room was adequate, complete with a sitting area with a sofa sleeper and a small desk. The TV was small and a little outdated, but it was fine. Wireless internet is free. The bathroom was clean and was stocked with plenty of towels. The other reviews are correct, there is a lot of traffic that passes by the hotel. I always travel with a "noise maker" that I place on my bedside table, so the sounds of traffic did not affect me during the night. The parking lot had security cameras and plenty of lighting. The breakfast was good, including waffles, bacon/egg biscuits, muffins, yogurt, and cereals.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Campbellsville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This hotel is directly off of the interstate so if you want peace and quiet I do not suggest this hotel. We had to move to a different room because when we tried to turn on the tv it wouldn't work. I looked behind the entertainment center and plugged it in and then the room started to fill with smoke. We were moved to a different room without any trouble. My guess is the previous people didn't bother to tell the front desk of the problem, and instead just unplugged the tv. It's pretty spacious, has a separate office area and couch bed. The pool area was my favorite part. The indoor pool is fairly large (3 1/2 to 5 feet deep) and the spa was nice. The exercise room was not very good, a lot of things were broken. The hotel is located near a lot of restaurants and a huge mall. Overall our stay was average.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MannaLynn
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2008

The hotel met my every need in that it was near my location where I had a meeting and close to a mall and restaurants.

Upon leaving, however, I found that I had left a small binder in my room in the lap drawer. I called back to the hotel and asked for lost and found. They claimed there was nothing. I called back and told them that what I had left had to be in the lap drawer of the room that we stayed in. I had to call them back and they said that they found nothing. Finally, I called back again and the front desk person did actually go to the room, look in the lap drawer and found what I had left. She called me and told me she found it. I never thought and asked her to send it to me overnight.

First, the hotel openly lied to me.

Secondly, they sent me the items without informing me that I would be charged for the overnight fee (maybe I should have questioned but since nothing was said, I did not seriously even think of it.) I was just so happy to have my items. back.

I wrote a letter and got a response from Chis Williams who is the General Manager with an apology and essentially "tuff" not our problem.

Because they lied to me, I had to stop my bank card and my checks.

Will I take some of the blame sure, I should have checked the lap drawer but when I speciafically tell you where to look and make calls back to you because you have not called me and you lie to me--that is not a place where I would want to stay again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the staff lied t me and the General Manager offered only an apology and no regard for what I had to do becaue of the lie which I made them fully aware of
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Somerset, Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Excellent hotel. Large room with separate work area.

Front desk was great, even provided a map with local restaurants.

Provided high speed internet.

We could have stayed here more than one night to enjoy all they offered.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)