“Less than typical comfort suites”

Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Jackson, Tennessee
“Less than typical comfort suites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Rooms are humid, sticky, and laid out weird. Bed was very uncomfortable, and breakfast sucked. Coffee from a push-button machine is something I never want to try again. Other than that, it was awesome!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Everything is old and run down. Towels are scratchy, no toiletries in the rooms. Ice machines were broken. Rooms are poorly lit. Definitely would not return for the money! We were there for a soccer tournament and they
gouged us on the cost! The breakfast as very minimal. Cereal was stale, biscuits were cold. The coffee was not drinkable. Do not get room by interstate !!! The trucks sounded like they were going to crash into your room!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hanover Park, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've stayed at multiple Comfort Suites over the years and I find myself coming back because of how clean the hotels are. I booked a King suite at this particular Comfort Suites for a weekend trip for me and my family to Nashville. I was truly disappointed by my stay at this hotel for the following reasons listed below:

• I was sorely disappointed by the location of this hotel as it was right off the highway and did not feel particularly safe.
• Despite coming in at midnight, I could tell that the facade of this hotel was really worn down.
• The lobby was nicely decorated and we were checked in quickly. Getting into the elevator, however, was a little tricky as it is really small. It is probably the smallest elevator I've seen.
• Walking to our room on the second floor, we noticed a smell which reminded us of cigarette smoke, although Comfort Suites claims that all its facilities to be non-smoking.
• The room itself looked a little old. The “design” in the bathroom tiles looked like scratches from multiple use, which made us hesitant to use it. The next day is when we finally realized that those so-called “scratches” is actually the style of the tiles.
• Bathroom did not lock well and can be opened from the outside despite being locked.
• I found a centipede crawling around in the bathroom the next morning.
• Breakfast was in a really small room and was very crowded at 9 AM. We had no place to sit!
o There is the usual continental breakfast fare and the only hot food they had was sausage and eggs.
o They ran out of paper plates, and people had to ask for them to re-load them.
o The eggs and sausage were also almost empty when we got there, and took about 20 minutes to be filled. We thought this was unfair due to breakfast being served only until 10 AM on the weekends.
o The waffle maker was defective and burned multiple people’s waffles, as it did not beep when it was done as it is supposed to.
o In addition to all this, the place seemed really dirty and not very appealing to eat at.
o Sunday breakfast was only gravy and English muffins, no meat of any kind.
• They tidied up the beds in the room but did not bother at all with the pull out sofa bed. It would have been fine if they left the sofa bed out, but they didn’t even bother to fold the blankets used. It’s as if they didn’t care at all.
• We used the stairs a lot since the elevator was small and slow, and the staircase smelled a lot like someone had been smoking in it.

All in all, this was not at all at the standard of the Comfort Suites that I know. It looks like an old hotel that was re-branded with Comfort Suites logo but still runs like whatever older hotel it was. I wish we had stayed at a different hotel and will definitely not be going back to this one again! This experience also makes me re-think of staying with the Comfort Suites brand of hotels in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jnbautista
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Easy-on, easy-off from I-65, close to Opryland and Nashville. Immediate area chock-full of every imaginable restaurant. Although the staff does well at keeping thing clean, the hotel is at the tipping point of being acceptable and being run-down. Could use a major make-over. Standard self-serve breakfast fare was acceptable. Only elevator was slow. Staff very personable and professional. The indoor pool, while being a major reason for staying here, was adequate but cold. Not very comfortable during a Nashville March. The hot-tub was small and usually packed. On our last day both the pool and hot-tub were ice cold. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Not a terrible place considering the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We came to Nashville during a road trip and decided to stay a couple miles from the city. This place is right off the expressway. Neighborhood was OK, room was OK and breakfast was OK. I stay in choice hotels all the time and I can fairly say I was not impressed with this one. The first room we got smelled like stale cigarette smoke and I didn't want my things picking up the smell so we switched rooms. The second room smelled fresh and was clean but the place is clearly starting to run down. The counter was starting to bow and fall apart, the tub didn't drain and there was mildew at the top of the shower. The rust spots on the back of the door in the bathroom was a turn off too. I'm not that hard to please but they are definitely ready for a spruce up. We would stay again if we had to, as the bed was clean and comfortable, but we wouldn't unless it was a must. Overpriced into opinion.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was the last night on the road of a 9 day trip to Tuscan and back home to KY. We had stayed in several hotel/motels in Goodlettsville and this is one of the best. "B" the Manager checked me in. Gave us a King Bed at Hotel/Motel coupon price. Put us (old folks) on the first floor right by the Laundry Room which I needed. Thank you so much, "B". The room was absolutely wonderful. It was a Suite. Our coffee maker was broken but "B" replaced it with a new one and brought it to our room. Very comfortable bed. The room was super clean. Our free Hot Breakfast was excellent. We had everything we needed for breakfast and more. Lady working the breakfast area was filling everything up as soon as it was needed. The check out lady was very friendly and nice also. We would stay here again when we are coming back from our FL trip in few months.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had a sickness in the family, and had to rush to Nashville. We ended up staying two nights instead of one, and stayed here. The people were nice and helpful. The rooms were clean, and the price was good. We even requested the same room the next night, after checking out that morning, and they gave us a better rate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CStn268Cust_Relat, FDA at Comfort Suites Goodlettsville, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear, Mr. Christopher J

I' am glad to hear that your recent experience with us was satisfactory.

Delaine