“Good clean friendly hotel”

Magnuson Hotel Nashville North
London, United Kingdom
“Good clean friendly hotel”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Excellent hotel. Good size clean rooms.
Staff were friendly and polite.
Room service wad great .
Parking is good .
Overall I would recommend this hotel .
Really pleased , thank you

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Hotel was dirty, some of the personnel were unfriendly and the breakfast area was dirty. The bathroom attached to the breakfast area was nasty. The linens in our room were worn out and some stained. Not a pleasant experience at all.

Hotel in need of an overall make over.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nm_reitmeyer
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The room was not ready when we tried to check in a whole hour after the check-in time. I was asked to come back in an hour and a half. When I returned, I was able to check-in, but the room was not very clean. The bathroom had feces on the wall!!!!!!!!! My friend's room had not been cleaned at all. Needless to say, we checked out of the rooms and found a better hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank cewing
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The pictures of this hotel make you think that it is a contemporary building with interior hallways and doors. Not so... The doors are on the exterior of the building in a "courtyard". There is no elevator and the concrete stairs to the rooms are outside (although enclosed in the courtyard). The courtyard has a fountain (not working) and several inexpensive outdoor table and chair sets (one with no glass in the table). There is a snack and soda machine (not well stocked) and a coin washer/dryer in an area off of the courtyard.

If you stayed here because it is a non-smoking facility beware. The room we were in showed no evidence of smoking but there were smokers everywhere outside, on the staircase, in the hallways, out in front of the building (night desk clerk). The maid was smoking while she pushed her cleaning cart from room to room. Most times we left the room we had to pass by smokers. In the evening these were sweaty construction workers with no shirts near the stairways. There were cigarette butts in the corners and the hallways.

The rooms themselves were nice. The beds are very plush and comfortable. There are 4 pillows on each bed. The duvet covers looked like they could have been washed more frequently though. The tub is large and has a curved shower rod so that the shower curtain is not sticking to you while you shower. Each room has a dorm size frig (with mini freezer) and microwave. There is a small 4-cup coffeemaker and packets of coffee (our coffee didn't taste very good out of it). There is a large desk with a lamp that has an AC outlet in the base so you don't have to find a plug near the floor. There is wi-fi or ethernet (wired) internet connection. Although the wi-fi had a cumbersome set of instructions, it worked well.

The breakfast area was in a small converted guest room. It was very cramped, but the food was OK for free breakfast standards.

I would not recommend this hotel because of the exterior entrances. If that doesn't bother you, then you might be happy here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank shoernsc
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I cannot believe that there are any reviews that have positive things to say about this hotel.
I stayed here along with my husband and 2 kids-my husband was working in Nashville during the country music festival and made late arrangements and this was literally the only available room within an hour of the city-now I know why.
We arrived very late and pretty much went to our room and fell right to sleep. The next morning I realized that our bed had a huge stain along the side and when I pulled back the sheet it had a large stain that was either blood or poop or throw up. We were heading out for the day, I left a note for the maids. When we returned that evening around 4:30 they still had not cleaned our room. I went to talk to the manager about the mattress and the fact that our room had not been serviced and he said he would get them to change out the mattress and that they would be to the 3rd floor shortly to clean (there are only 3 floors and very few rooms, why it took this long to clean I have no idea.) So my 2 kids and I decided to wait in the "courtyard" which was covered in roach droppings, one of the tables was broken, my daughter's chair completely gave way while she was sitting in it (when we took it in to the manager he simply took the chair away), the cleaning crew threw down dirty towels and sheets from the top floor down into the courtyard, they took a break every few minutes to smoke, left garbage out and were using a Sears shopping cart that obviously came from the nearby mall. It took them 2 hours to get to our room and they did not change out the mattress but rather turned it around so the stain was only visible from the opposite side, not the side near the night stand!!! We passed the manager on the stairs as we were leaving for dinner and he asked if we had been taken care of, when I explained that the mattress had not been changed out he just said "really?" REALLY He offered no assistance or apology. When we returned that night (because there was really no where else to stay) there were large drops of blood all the way up the stairs, no doubt from a bloody nose of one of the creepy people staying here. I would take my complaints to the company but I am afraid they would offer me a free stay and I would not even stay here for free.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kaykcAtlanta
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This will be long but bear with me. We have already had verbal contact with the management.

If you look at the picture on the website it appears that the doors to the rooms are on the inside....not true. You access your room from the outside. There is a small area (they call it a "courtyard" that is located in the "middle" of the hotel that is actually outside (and attracts trouble-makers during the night).

One of the first things you want to know is that if you need to contact the front "office" at 6:00 A.M. good luck. You have to ring the OUTSIDE office doorbell which we did 3 times and not a person was around......!! Well, actually we did see a person who was in a back room in a steamy relationship with another person.

When we first arrived the cleaning ladies were still working on some rooms (4:00 P.M.). There were bags of trash everywhere, yes, even in the fountain !! We should have left right then and there. There was a sheet that was tacked up (in place of a door) to one of the cleaning rooms. Our family reserved two rooms. One room had an ionizer in it that was running....no smoke smell. We were SO tired and realized later on that there was a bad odor in the room, which we determined was BLEACH (although management disputes this fact). Yes, we should have left the room but not sure if there was vacancy and we didn't want to pack up our things again. The smell was VERY powerful and sickening all through the night. Again, our mistake for sure!

During the night we heard many disruptive sounds coming from the "courtyard" area with people screaming. We couldn't see out of our peephole as it was completely dark (the lights in the outside "courtyard" area were NOT on, which was a problem also when we left at 6:00 A.M.) That does not make a person feel safe at all, so you can imagine we did not venture out of our room!

You will want to know that breakfast was fine and adequate, but it is in a previous hotel room with not much room to move around in (virtually impossible with a disabled person).. We do note that the rooms are very nice and recently decorated very well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank spurgeonlover
Chicago
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Traveling home from Florida solo, this exit was just north of Nashville, right off the interstate. The staff was incredibly helpful, courteous and after I had checked in ,call to make sure everything was ok. They weren't 'Four Seasons' beds, but the closest I've ever come to a hotel any where near this price range. I had left a charger, the manager searched and called me back. They also had a carryout service from many of the restaurants who would deliver.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo