“The worst stay ever”

Quality Inn Goodlettsville
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
“The worst stay ever”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Front desk personal was very unprofessional and rude. Room was terrible because the room never cooled below 80 degrees and the pool area was hot and miserable for an indoor pool in the middle of summer.PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOU'RE TIME NOR MONEY ON THIS HOTEL THAT REALLY NEEDS TO BE RESTAFFED! !!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2012

There were dead bugs on the floor in our room, the bed, pillows and blankets were uncomfortable, the layout isn't nice... but you get what you pay for. It was a good deal and all we did was stop for the night in the middle of our road trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Goodlettsville hotels

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed July 6th-8th 2012. We checked in about 8pm and there was only one person working the front desk even though the hotel was booked solid for the weekend. Turns out there was some youth sports tournament in the area that same weekend. I would have thought the front desk manager would have scheduled additional staff to help check people in. But that was a minor issue. We noticed that there were quite a few teenage girls and parents roaming about from one team. As I was going into my room I noticed a group of about 8 going into the room above mine. Pleasantly I didn't hear them at all during the entire stay. The hotel seems very solidly built and so the rooms are very quiet.

One of the rooms must've been a smoking room at one point as my wife noticed the faint aroma (I didn't) and you could see signs of nicotine stains and a few small burn holes in the bed cover. But I didn't notice a smell or have any issue with the burns in the cover as they were very small and not easily noticeable. Another nice plus is the inclusion of a mini fridge and microwave in the room as a standard amenity. I've stayed at pricier hotels where we had to request a microwave!

Speaking of the rooms we had two and they were both clean and comfortable. The temps were in the 100's and it was nice to walk into the room with the AC already going and the room quite cool. Very much appreciated. I did notice ONE small roach in the bathroom of my room. However I'm almost positive it was a hitchhiker on a shoe or bag as it was injured and easily disposed of. No sign of any others anywhere in the entire facility.

We had other family members in at least 4 other rooms in the hotel at the same time we stayed (wedding in town). None of them uttered any complaint about their rooms to us.

The breakfast was very good especially when compared to the Days Inns that we have stayed at in the past. There was sausage gravy and biscuits, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, and other continental breakfast fare. I didn't get in to eat until almost 9am and even though breakfast ends at 9:30 there was still plenty of food (milk did run low though). Only annoying thing is that one of the staff hovered over the area and ended up taking the sausage gravy away early. She then came back to get a few biscuits. Apparently she wanted to make sure she got her breakfast too. Kinda tacky but at least we got to eat.

I didn't get a chance to check out the pool but I do know it's indoors and, compared to the rest of the hotels' outdoor pools, I find that to be a big plus in my book. I also noticed that there is a laundry facility onsite. I thought that was a great convenience.

The hotel is located nicely. Shopping and eating is within walking and short drives.

All-in-all I think the hotel was worth the money spent despite any of the negative reviews I've read here at tripadvisor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here in this hotel and regret it so much that this is the first review I have ever written. When you first check in the lobby is clean and nice looking which misleads you to believe the rest of the hotel is that way. Our first room had a frigerator that didnt work, a toilette that had a bread tie to hold the toilette flushing mechanism, and a large gap from the floor to the door. It was a 108 degrees outside and all the heat poured in the room because of the gap. I went to the front desk to complain and they sent someone to "fix" my toilette. He tightened the bread tie to "fix" the toilette so that it would flush. I finally decided to request another room three hours later when the room just wouldnt cool with the gap in the door way. I saw the next room first and then decided to move but when I asked for the cards to move they said I had to move the room in one hour. In that heat I did it by myself because of my sick child and handicap mother. Once we were all set up in the new room, it was much nicer and you could tell it was updated. The only problem with this room was the AC, it never cooled the room so we slept in heat and the secound rooms door would stick when I tried to open it. I went to the front desk to find a manager for a discount and to check out. Again, he was not on property. I sat on the couch in the lobby as the manager was told by phone my concerns. He gave us 10 dollars off of my room which came to 71.62 and there was a 10.00 phone charge too. I said I have a cell phone why would I pay you any money when I could use my own phone. They checked the records and there were no calls. They refused to fix it and said we were "even Stephen" since he gave me 10.00 off my bill already. I called customer service to complain and they did nothing either. Its been a week and I have a hold for 220 dollars that they wont clear on my account. So now I am waiting for my bank to charge them with fraud. If you want to go through heck and hate life this is the place. Lets not mention the pool thats indoor but has fans they dont run... can you say sauna with a pool instead of indoor pool??? I have pictures so message this board and I would love to share them! thank you!!

Room Tip: Look at the room you will be staying in not just any room before check in
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed to visit Nashville. It is 15 min from the city, but has plenty of food, stores near.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Corporate booked me in the wrong hotel location, cigarette holes in our bed sheets, broken door lock, TV didn't work, had to clean spiders out of windows, feet turned black when walking bare foot in the room. Spoke with customer relations and the front desk and the hotel has done nothing to correct the horrible experience. Would never recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
The Gem City, IL
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

The room was dated but was in decent shape. I stayed in a non smoking room that still reeked of smoke, although I didn't complain. The free breakfast was average. Can't say for sure that I wouldn't stay there again, but would look at other places first if I had time. The room did in a pinch.

• Stayed June 2012