“not a good time”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
south alabama
“not a good time”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

this is an older hotel with out side walkways. i book on choice web site and when i do that i alwalys get a 2nd floor room. that said the lady a check in spoke broken english i had a hard time understanding her. the room was small and clean but the grounds needed to be cleaned up. we were on the back side of the hotel above the laundry. that seems to be where the employee's go to smoke. grounds were full of cigerette butts. the pool was clean but no extra towels so had to use room ones. sorry about the spelling. all in all we will not use this hotel again. breakfast was late getting starting and the hot food was lukewarm.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We just spent 2 nights at the quality inn, goodlettsville.
Room was clean-everything worked well.
Pool looked clean and good.
Breakfast was fine- juice/coffee/cereal/waffle maker/sauage patties/cereal.Breakfast area was kept very, very clean.
Very polite workers. We found a great Mexican restaurant a block away.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marjim48
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Traveled to Nashville area for our daughter's soccer team to participate in a tournament. Right off the bat, went to take a shower when we arrived and the bathroom shower/toilet area is so small you almost have to step into the tub to close the door. Then I noticed rust around the drain in the tub. I turned the tub water on the lifted the thing to make the water flow from the shower head and it would stay up. Tried several times then my husband tried. Finally rigged it with Walmart bags and pony tail holders. Called to the front desk and they said someone would come look at it the next day. No one showed up. Went to front desk and she said no one told her about it. I think she was hotel owner. She tried to act like I just didn't know how to use the shower. And, in the meantime, the toilet had stopped up. When we arrived at the hotel, the water in the toilet was raising really high when it was flushed and I was afraid it was stopped up or on it's way to getting that way. She asked what did I put in the toilet to stop it up.
So we had to leave for another game in the afternoon and the toilet and shower were fixed. However readers you should know that of about 12 or more families in our group, most of them had something wrong in their room, even though some were minor, such as: Our keys kept "not working" to our room. The lady at the hotel front desk said our cell phones were making that happen or our car keys. Funny that's doesn't happy at other hotels. So, we just had to go to the front desk over and over to get our keys reprogrammed. Other non-working things were blow dryers, tvs, remote controls.

• Stayed April 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Ok value for the money, but the pool was closed. I booked the room online from my car after seeing pics of the indoor pool, then when I got there the pool was closed. The breakfast room was crowded, and even though they had pics of waffles, there was no waffle maker! The room was clean, the beds were a little older, but acceptable. I did not connect to the WIFI at the hotel. I would have been nice to receive the login and password at checkin...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Checked local hotels online and book this one thru Choice Hotels. Quoted $62 a night but thanks to reviews we were ready for the insane tax rate! Total was approximate $77 but this was still a great price for area.
Room was very clean and comfortable. Great high speed internet, required password. Didn't use indoor pool but it looked nice and clean. Night checking girl was great, very sweet and friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheGrandMan
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The hotel itself was nice. It was on par with other Choice hotels. My problem is that when I checked out, I found out that my $62 hotel room actually cost $76 after taxes! I've come to expect paying 10% to 12% in taxes, but 22% simply not acceptable.

(The hotel management has very little control over taxes; but, that still doesn't make it acceptable.)

Stay in Franklin TN, instead. You'll save on both the room rate and the taxes.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed here for a night on a visit to the Nashville area. Very well satisfied with my stay. The room was big, clean, had a microwave and fridge, the wi-fi was good and fast with a strong signal. Only real gripe I had was with the water pressure in the shower, as with a lot of motels it wasn't strong enough for my liking. Plenty of hot water. Decent breakfast, they had sausage and eggs but no biscuits & gravy. Good location right off I-65 with lots of restaurants and gas stations nearby for travelers. A huge retail shopping area just south of here on the other side of TN 386 along US 31E. Exterior corridors so you can park outside your room.

A word to the wise, though. If road noise or sirens bother you, you might want to try to get a room on the back side of the building. There is a police and fire station nearby and when their runs take them south on Conference Drive, they go right past the front of the building. There is also not a lot of parking on the front side of the building.

Overall, it was a great place to spend the night for a day in Nashville the following day. Would definitely stay here again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo