“Highly DO NOT recommend! Manager Cancelled my reservation!”

Days Inn Goodlettsville
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
DeSoto, IL
“Highly DO NOT recommend! Manager Cancelled my reservation!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Made reservation online in March 2012 but hotel didn't have it when we arrived. They had to make new reservation and luckily there were rooms available. Ended up having to cancel the duplicate reservation the next morning because it was there. Room was o.k. for a less expensive hotel however next morning waffle machine had been removed and very, very limited breakfast. When we went to desk to ask for more items to be brought out manager told us they had not anticipated this many staying and they didn't have any more things. Someone had burnt the waffles so they removed it as it took a day or so to soak the manager said. I reported this to DaysInn.com so they were aware and they gave hotel time to contact me but they never did. I never asked for any refund but corporate office did refund 50% and apologized. I told them I just wanted them to be aware that the hotel might want to try a little harder to make sure there a sufficient amount of breakfast items available. Since we had another tournament in the area this weekend, I went ahead and booked 2 nights and just called the hotel to make sure they knew in advance that there would probably be a lot of people staying for a softball tournament so they could be prepared for the breakfast. About 3 hrs later, the hotel manager called me and told me he CANCELLED my reservation because I had had a problem with the hotel. He said because they refunded me $30 for my complaint, it was the hotel's option whether to honor the reservation or not. In all our stays at many different hotels, I never realized that a hotel could just cancel your reservation. This left a very poor reflection on this particular hotel and manager. I was willing to give the hotel a 2nd chance and told the manager that I had not asked for any refund but he stood firm and said I would need to find another room elsewhere. With that kind of an attitude it's a wonder he has any business!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I know I get what I pay for when I go to a Days inn but this particular one was bad. I've stayed at plenty Days inn locations across the country and this was the worst. Room was very stinky. Beds were old and uncomfortable. We found old beer caps and trash in the room. Room decor was soiled and gross. It was only one night and we were just passing thru but there are plenty other hotels in the area with similar price points that are much better. Lesson learned. I'm not giving up on the Days Inn as a franchise b/c I've stayed in a few good ones. But this one is not on my repeat list.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Dkg003

Travelers are raving about these Goodlettsville hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We called this hotel after seeing an ad in the coupon book from the tennessee vistor's center that said the rooms were a certain low price on sunday through thursday. We wanted to know how much more since it was Saturday. The clerk who answered said she would honor the price. We stayed and found this to be a great value. The rooms could be a little cleaner, but the bed was comfortable. Would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lukay
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Firstly, please remember that this hotel charges $50-60 per night – don’t complain that you don’t have the amenities that you would get at $100 per night hotels!

The good: Bed was clean and comfortable
Bathroom was spotless
Sink and counter were outside the bathroom – very convenient
Staff were excellent
Pool was clean
Internet crashed while we were there but the manager was very
responsive. He discovered what was wrong, and promised it would be
replaced; the person next to me stayed previously and had no problem.

Not so good: Breakfast was below average
Room furnishings were old and tired; couch was really stained
Some things were broken and/or in disrepair, should have been noticed
in occasional room inspections or reported by cleaning staff

I would stay here again, but would ask to see my room before I agreed to it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
New Albany, Indiana
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I saw horrible reviews so I really braced myself for the worst before I arrived. This hotel was awesome! Very comfortable beds and I loved the shower massage. There was a small continental breakfast available as well. The best surprise was when I checked out the bill was $15 less a day that I had originally booked it for. The only downfall was that the wifi did nto have a good signal, but when I called the front desk they gave me an ethernet cable to plug directly into the wall. What more is when I tested the speed of the internet through speakeasy.net I got 40MG speeds!! I will definately be back!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Todd1979
pittsburgh
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Upon arrival we were told our room was on the second floor. When we booked the reservation it said first floor. Not a big deal. Once in the room i noticed that the microwave thats supposed to be included was missing. So i contacted the front desk and they provided one while we were out in the city. The next morning we found a dried semen stain on the cover under the comforter. We contacted the front desk and the attendant acted like we were being an unreasonable pain. We went to the event and when we came back the owner was cleaning the room. I talked to him about the stain and how i wanted a refund for my first night. he agreed to 70 percent off. I pressed for a full refund 20 dollars more than the first. he reluctantly agreed an said we had to be out of his hotel by 11:00am that day and we could no longer stay there anymore. My wife protested and he agreed to let us stay. he then called my wife later on the room phone and had her sign an agreement of the facts that he will send to corporate headquarters and once again was only giving us 70% of the full price for the first night. He then pointed out that i would find something else wrong with the room and never be happy hoping to get the whole stay free. What like i'm some con-artist, what the? Don't bother calling corporate as they fully backed his actions and couldn't care less how you were treated.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
daysinn15101, owner at Days Inn Goodlettsville, responded to this review, July 15, 2009
The Guest stayed here for several days. He was looking for a free room. As you can see from his review I asked him to move him to a hampton inn, but he did not want to move. I am a economy hotel but he wanted a hampton with days inn price. If he did not like my hotel so much why did he stay as long as he did. We have close to 10 properties on this exit. As you can see I do have many bad reviews and I accept them but this buy just wanted a free room.
Morehead, Kentucky
Reviewed October 23, 2008

I picked this hotel because it was inexpensive ($50 plus tax), close to where my meeting was the next day, and it advertised free wireless in the rooms. The lady behind the counter was very friendly and when I double-checked on the wireless she volunteered to put me in a different room that would get a stronger signal -- I thought that was good service.
The room was very clean, two queen beds (three pillows on each), arm chair, small round table with two chairs, small fridge, clock radio, TV, and a microwave. Only weird thing was there were no lights over the mirror in the sink area -- it's really dark there. To get light you have to turn on the one in the bathroom and leave the door open. Shower has one of those curved shower rods to keep the curtain away from you, which was nice. Bed was very soft which isn't too good for my back, but I slept OK. It was quiet.
Wireless worked fine -- a bit slow, but at least I could do my work. There was also a free ethernet connection that I didn't try. Breakfast is where they need a little work. The spread looked pretty typical: frozen waffles, bagels and cream cheese, English muffins, mini-muffins, Danish, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, drinks. The problem was that the bagels and English muffins were rock hard. I think maybe they had stayed out for 3 hours every day for several days in a row. I gave up on those and had cereal. That was enough for me. If you want a bigger breakfast there is a Shoneys and Waffle House in walking distance.
Overall it met my expectations -- an inexpensive decent stay.

• Liked — Free wireless
  • Disliked — Hard English muffins
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)