“This place isn't easy to find”
Review of Mister B's

Mister B's
Ranked #38 of 96 Restaurants in Germantown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gilbert, Arizona
“This place isn't easy to find”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is tucked on the backside of a shopping plaza on Poplar. We've been to this plaza many times before, but would never have guess this place was there. You have to drive around to the back corner. When you step inside, it looks like this place has been here for years. It's not what you'd expect inside this fairly modern shopping complex. We were seated right away and didn't have to wait long for our drinks. We both ordered a house salad with blue cheese vinaigrette, which was different, but I really enjoyed it. I ordered the smothered pork chop and my husband ordered the lamb chops. The pork chop was huge and tasted like it had been cooked in a crock pot all day...one of my favorite ways to eat a pork chop. I ordered wild rice and green beans as my sides. The wild rice was pretty good, but the green beans tasted like they were out of a can. My husband ordered the lamb chops, medium rare. They were HUGE! He also had the green beans and something else, which neither one of us remembers. The lamb chops were big and difficult to cut with a knife, so he picked them up and ate them with his hands.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank theREALmle

“Don't waste your time and money”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Went here With friends. The food was less then edible the Porkchop was so dry had to ask for extra gravy twice. The service was so slow it took 10 minutes from the time we ordered Itto the time we got it. We got our appetizers with our meal the price was overpriced for the amount of food one received. Service was so slow I thought a snail would do better. I would not recommend this restaurant at this time.

• Visited May 2014
“Bad beginning, stellar finish”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I was slightly pissed because there wasn't a hostess and we had called ahead but still stood in the tiny waiting area for about 10 min (I was hungry!). I ordered a steak but I was a tad upset that you have to pay extra for a salad (and it was a very average salad). And then I was really agitated that they ran out of baked potatoes. BUT....and it's a big but....our server was probably the sweetest girl ever. And the bartender was sweet. And the girl who sat us was sweet. Then....out came one of the top 5 ribeyes I have ever eaten. It topped every steak I've had at a Morton's...and could possibly have been a very close second to the $150 steak I had in Florida a few years ago. I had the red potatoes and green beans, which were great and my husband loved his oysters and sweet potato. So...I highly recommend this place for people who love steak...and the rest of the food could possibly be amazing too. I so wish I'd had room for what sounded like yummy desserts :).

1 Thank Katiebethmccarthy
Memphis, Tennessee
“Memphis dining”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good place to dine for lunch or dinner in East Memphis, especially for locals. Have used for business lunches with attorney and with financial advisor. Also good for small group dinners. Known for its Cajun fare, but steaks are also good. Older clientele.

Visited October 2013
Memphis, TN
“Very good food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Mr. B's on a week night during July. We didn't have to wait for a table so we were seated quickly.
We had the hushpuppies for an appetizer- they were good but small. We also had gumbo which was very delicious!
For our entrees we had the shrimp and catfish po boys. These were very tasty. We had loaded baked potatoes which were also good. We were stuffed after our meal so we didn't try the desserts.
We like the ambiance of the place and the staff members were great. We will return.

• Visited July 2013