“Excellent food and service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Camden, Tennessee
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

The food was served as requested. Service was excellent as always. We lacked for nothing.

Visited April 2012

Arkansas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I haven't been to a Macaroni Grill in years, but it was the same as I remember. The food was good and the staff was friendly.

Visited March 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Average, average, average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Met a friend here for lunch. The hostess stand was unattended and we waited about 3 minutes before she arrived. Several staff memebers walked by and looked at us, but didn't say a word. Thankfully our server was quite friendly and efficient. She appeared to be doubling as the bartender this afternoon. The menu has changed since my last visit. I was disappointed my favorite warm spinich salad had been replaced on the menu. Our food came quickly. I had the chicken scallopini with three very small medallions of chicken on the plate. The chicken was tasty, but the accompanying pasta was a bit bland. My companion had one of the daily specials, some pasta dish with butternut squash. He said the pasta on the plate was nearly cold by the time it arrived in front of him. He ate it anyway because we were short of time.. About halfway through the meal, the manager stopped by our table. My companion commented on his dish being cold. She said she would tell the kitchen and walked away. No attempt, or even suggestiong of a desire to correct the mistake. She clearly didn't care. While we were eating a bus boy dropped a tray and a glass shattered. He cleaned it up quickly but left a two large pieces of glass on the floor, clearly visible under a nearby table. As guests were being seated at that table we finally mentioned it.....to the same kid that dropped it. He reached under one of the chairs, picked up one piece of glass and then proceeded to sit it on the table in front of the guests and walked off. We flagged down our server and she arranged for a clean-up. Clearly, not a memorable experience at this Macaroni Grill. Next time I think I head in the opposite direction and spend my money at Olive Garden. It's a better choice if you're in the Poplar Ave/I-240 corridor.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leuven, Belgium
“Nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is not an eceptional dining experience but not bad either. Just like many other semi-italian restaurants
Service is fine

Visited November 2011
Memphis, Tennessee
“The new lunch menu was not as good as the...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

The new lunch menu was not as good as the ad they ran to attract us in. Shrimp Portofino was light and well balanced. Penna Rustica was the worst thing I have ever had in this chain. I felt like I had taken a bite out of a sprig of rosemary, there was just no balance between the cream, cheese, salt and other flavors. I think it was meant to be vibrant, instead it was over powering. Sent it back. No trouble with that. Our lunch ticket was from 12:18 to 1:30, it felt like a very long lunch for a Wendsday afternoon. Maybe we should have been wearing suits? My 9 year old described the kids meal pizza as "odd".
Pitty as this one of those chains you expect consistantcy across multi-state locations.
The place was packed, yet we had no trouble getting seated, with 2 kids and a wheelchair.

• 4 of 5 bubbles