“Recommend”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a great meal there 2 weeks ago. Had not been in over a yr and we were pleasantly surprised. Absolutely loved the tuna carpaccio with fried oysters. Calamari was as good as anywhere in town. The sea bass entree was perfectly cooked and delicious. Went with another couple and table conversation was much easier than many of the more energetic spots in Memphis.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Elfo's is an expensive restaurant, which was a special splurge for us. The atmosphere was nice, white tablecloths, etc. We did not care for the music (weird and spastic jazz). The wait staff was quite young and very eager/attentive. The sauce on the eggplant parmigiana was BLAND. Salad DRIPPING in dressing.

1  Thank Joan G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really good food, mostly Italian but with some steaks etc.
Great waitstaff that is very knowledgeable about the dishes.
Nice room as well, with big, central bar.
Look for old family favorites on the menu... they are great.
Wine list is big enough for most tastes.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Put that diet on hold and try the chicken ravioli! It is moist , full of chicken and has a wonderful sauce that has an amazing aftertaste.
I love the wedge salad which I usually share with my husband but the Miss Marys and the Dunavant and Grisanti will make you very happy.

Alex has a delicious white pizza and margarita pizza that I order too.
The carpaccio is huge and has enough shredded lettuce under it to qualify as a salad!
You will be happy with any of the entrees, and there are so many to choose from. Beef, fish, pasta, and big portions which they are happy to send you home with if your eyes are too big for your stomach. But...that makes you happy for 2 days in a row.

I would say to make sure you get a table to make a reservation. You can eat at the bar , as we do often, but so many locals are bellying up to it that you may not be able to. this is a good problem to have though. Friendly bartenders and waiters and the chef/owner, Alex makes his way around saying hello when he has a chance!

They have begun a Friday lunch service recently that is not well known so it might be a good tome to go in and try them out at lunch prices!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited with a group of 9 on a midweek evening. We had reservations, so we were quickly seated. After a short wait our server appeared to take our drink order. She was quite friendly and helpful but seemed a bit stretched this night, appearing to be waiting on several other large tables.

As for the food, the meal didnt start well. When the server broad the appetizerss, she didn't bring my salad and quickly left for the kitchen. My colleagues were three-quarters through their appetizers before the server reappeared and I could get her attention. She realized she gave my salad to my colleague next to me. That colleague didn't say a word and munched down my salad. The server was cordial and offered to get me a salad. I declined since I expected the entree soon.

That was a mistake as we then waited forever...probably 35 more minutes for our entrees to appear. Thankfully the entrees got good marks from all incur party. I had the lasagne and is was very good.

I have two other complaints about this visit....definitely not knock outs, more annoyances:
1. the dining room is noisy and it's difficult to carry on a conversation even across the table from you
2. No bread? What fine dining restaurant charges for bread? The cheap breadsticks don't cut it.