“Decent steak but stay away from the over cooked, over priced seafood”

Mesquite Chop House
Ranked #50 of 97 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Mesquite Chop House is like no other steak house in the South. The Prime Steaks and Chops are grilled to perfection over Mesquite wood and served with an array of unique sides. We choose from only the finest USDA-Certified Aged steaks available. Always at it's prime is not just our brand, it's how we try to live our lives as restaurateurs. We have built a concept in which high standards permeate all aspects of our restaurant. We are passionate about great tasting food and the pleasure of sharing it with others. Our menu items are prepared with organically grown produce from our very own Cherry Blend Farms in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ordered a 2008 pinot and our waiter brought a 2010. Hubby caught it in time. No 2008 left so switched to a 2010 cab. Waiter brought 2011. What is going on here?! Menu update, anyone?

I started with the grilled Caesar, which was nicely done. Hubby had crab hollandaise topped filet and it was really good. It came with garlic smashed red skin. Good but not very garlicky. I had the bacon wrapped scallops...WAY over cooked. They came with a parm risotto that was more than al dente and kind of gummy.

Our sever was pleasant but when i pointed out that my scallops were over cooked he said that he had noticed they looked a little crispy. Thanks, buddy. Overall disappointing and high priced. If we ever returned, I would stick with the beef choices.

There are newer reviews for Mesquite Chop House

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took a group of men to MCH for dinner and the restaurant did not disappoint. The service and food were both very good and our waiter took great care of us. The stake was cooked to perfection and all the sides were equally as good. I will definitely return.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

By far the best strawberry butter this girl had ever had!
But their prime rib pizza is a great appetizer to share. Do not attempt to get it for yourself and then order an entree or you will explode.
We have ordered steaks which come out sizzling and delicious.Try the calamari with lemon aoli. The house chop salad is great too. They have wine flights with amazing choices.
Usually there is entertainment once a week and when the weather is nice they have an amazing deck where they have music and a wonderful place to meet up with friends.

Oh and they have some pet farm animal you can see in the back! Go try it!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The steaks were definately not prime as advertised and were grossly overpriced. The service was lackluster at best. Overall it was very disappointing.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

With no family in town, I thought I would eat out & treat myself to a birthday steak dinner and try Mesquite. Driven by this location for months and thought it was a high end steak house especially since their online menu showed high end prices. Not true. With prices exceeding $30 for just the entree, I expected top quality food and first class service. From the minute I walked in the door, I received neither. The hostess was a young, post high schooler who "pointed" to a table in the bar area where I requested to sit, rather than to seat me herself. There happen to be a male/female duo performing in the bar which may not be too bad if it was just a bar, but they could be heard throughout the whole restaurant. A shame for the other patrons especially when they started in with Dr. Hook's, "Cover of the Rolling Stone". Despite the noise I reluctantly decided to stay for the steak. The Bartender tossed down a napkin and walked away so I had to ask for a menu. Menu is straight forward for selections but I had to ask about accompaniments, which are all extra so I was shocked that a small, plain side salad was $7. I ordered the House 10 oz Prime Rib and was disappointed that it had very little flavor. They boast of mesquite grill but I couldn't taste it. Nor did it appeared to be grilled; more like pan fried than anything. Sorry, but that's not my kind of steakhouse.

1  Thank MD11dryver