Tripadvisor
Germantown
All reviews front desk the morning breakfast buffet two bedroom suite free breakfast a great stay an easy drive an update every morning living area checking in room was clean and comfortable the general manager the staff was great memphis area fireplace betty monday
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

We walked into the room they gave us, and had to walk right out. The musty, dirty smell was awful. I looked at the bathroom: disgusting. We went to the front desk and they gave us another room. Just as bad. The third room wasn't as bad but it was pretty awful and the next morning we realized there's a big wet spot by the window and that must have been the smell and why we woke up all congested.

Date of stay: December 2019
Explorer07659148585, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I understand your frustration with the condition of our guest rooms the day of your check in and apologize. Your concerns have been shared with the appropriate leaders and team for correction. It is our intent for every guest to have a memorable experience. Thank you again for being our guest and hope to see again.

Richie Gentry
Complex General Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Stayed for only one night. We stayed on points and were upgraded to the two bedroom suite. The rooms, halls, and elevators are really showing their age—they are desperate for an update. The couch and chair in the living area were absolutely beat to heck with soiled, stained, and sagging upholstery. The appliances, cabinets, and walls are also kind of sad. The mattresses, however, looked new and were really comfortable. Linens were clean and free of stains. The kitchen area had a very noticeable dip and soft spot in the floor. The kitchen walls and cabinets had some grease and other food stains on them. But with all of that said, the place was very clean. It’s obvious that the housekeeping staff is doing their best to keep the old furnishings and finishes as clean as they can. Everything was well past its prime, but you can see that the staff still takes pride in what they have. And the front desk crew is amazing. The lady who worked the evening shift on 01/13/20 was especially warm and friendly. I would definitely stay there again—I’d much rather stay in an old hotel that was clean with great staff than a new one that is dirty with unfriendly staff. I hope that money can be budgeted for renovations in the near future, because with those employees and renovated rooms, it would be the perfect hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Explorer07659148585, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I understand your comments in regards to the property needing a renovation. Good news is that there is a renovation planned in the near future. The staff and I are thrilled you enjoyed their friendly service, clean property, and location. When your travels bring you back to the Memphis Germantown area we hope to see you again. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed December 3, 2019

I stayed at this location during the Thanksgiving holiday to see family. The location was ideal for convenient shopping and restaurants. They provided a free breakfast with hot food every morning. Additionally, there were "mixes" in the evenings with free beverages and draft beer Monday-Wednesday. There were great snacks both hot and cold each evening. The front desk staff and management were very customer oriented and friendly making check-in and anything else needed very easy. Housekeepers greet you in the hallways. Outstanding! Room was clean and ready on time. I will stay there again, didn't want to leave!

Room tip: Opposite side of train tracks.
Date of stay: November 2019
Explorer07659148585, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2019

Thank you Tremontchuck for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. The team will be thrilled to know you enjoyed breakfast, Mix It, clean rooms, and our friendly outstanding service. It is our intent for every guest and Bonvoy member to have a pleasurable experience. When your travels bring you back to the Memphis Germantown area we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

At a 100 nights a year in hotels, I've had my share of the full range of hotel experiences, from great to terrible. So I was somewhat surprised, but really delighted, that this modest, yet super clean and well kept Residence Inn in Germantown TN, blew away just about every staff I've ever come across. (Including the resort and luxury properties where I have stayed) They were super friendly from the moment I arrived, and kept up that level of service no matter where I crossed paths with them. (Hallways, lobby dining areas, outside) They were a big smile and friendly hello at all times. I was there three days and they never were anything but super friendly and helpful. Literally one of THE BEST staff experiences I've had. The rooms were clean, the morning breakfast buffet had outstanding quality and presentation, everything was hot and fresh, and the staff kept checking in on me while I was eating. The night I arrived, they had a full dinner with hot food, and draft beer tappers out! It was just a fantastic visit from start to finish.
The last morning I was there I had a chance to experience perhaps the core reasons as to why the staff is so friendly and attentive. The hotel general manager, who's name eludes me even though I met him, and is the same person who manages both that hotel and the Fairfield next door, is obviously a strong leader and someone who really understands guest and staff needs. They were having a full staff meeting at the front desk, (10-12 people?) and I was close enough to hear them. It was then I got clear why that hotel ran so well. They covered current priorities, goals and then read every guest comment out loud. They then went on to sing a little pump-up the team song, which blew me away! They'd obviously done it many times before, because they were all really into it, were in sync and were having a blast with it. I couldn't help myself and at one point, I had to politely interrupt the meeting and share my thoughts with them and let them know how well my stay had gone and how I was super impressed with them.
It obviously goes without saying that this will be my new Memphis hotel when I visit that city, and you should do the same!

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Thank you for letting us know your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. My staff and I are both thrilled you enjoyed their friendly service, clean property, Mix It, and breakfast. It is our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2019

My family held our reunion in the Memphis area and used the Residence and Fairfield Inn for lodging accommodations. Scott and his team were AWESOME from start to finish. They were quick to respond to any concerns, made sure all family members had what they needed and opened up space for us to allow everyone to spend time together. We really appreciate the team and their hard work to make our weekend memorable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Tim Q, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hello & thank you for your kind words. We truly enjoyed hosting your family reunion. Seeing the smiles and hearing the laughter, it seemed the entire family had a nice time. I will share your review with the Residence Inn & Fairfield Inn team. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again!