“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Albany, Georgia
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Staying here was the best decision we made while driving/moving cross country. The hotel is immaculate, cleanest I've seen in a long time. Showers are amazing, bed incredibly comfortable, and such a quiet night. However, the absolute best part was the service and warm welcome we received. Paris and Kiosha ( please forgive me if that is not her name) were nice file and everyone we encountered were so helpful to not only us but our dogs we are traveling with. I highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank AFowler31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The appearance of the hotel itself was nice, however the individual room had malodorous musty smell which intensified after the use of our heater on the first night. Since we were only staying there two nights and was only in our room to sleep, it would have been too much of a hassle to complain and try to get another room since we'd already unpacked that first evening. Also, when I reached for a clean towel to dry off in the shower, I realized that two of the towels were dirty and had been used. One towel had old soap stuck to it and was rough where the soap and water had dried. The second towel I reached for had the stench of old coffee. My husband called in to complain and get new towels sent up to the room. However after 30 mins the front desk called and asked if we could pick up the clean towels, which meant that my husband who was already in the shower had to use my already wet towel. Also the food choices for breakfast can be a lot healthier since the only breakfast sandwich contained pork. The only other hot menu items were pancakes (or waffles depending on the day) or watery looking oatmeal. They also served canned fruit which my children wouldn't eat after tasting because "It did't taste like real fruit". It was a nice hotel with friendly staff, however considering that there are other options in memphis for a little more money, we most likely won't be returning.

Room Tip: Watch out for their modern showers, they get water all over the floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jasmine W
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Germantown is a lovely area of Memphis, and this hotel is conveniently located. We were attending a football game in Oxford, so the location was great. The shower is outstanding (walk-in with rainfall showerhead). The only problem we encountered was an overly crowded breakfast area, but that was just bad timing on our part.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stay at the Hyatt Place often when I'm in Memphis on business. The hotel is great value for a suites facility, staff are always friendly, rooms are clean and spacious, free WIFI, free light breakfast, free shuttle service to nearby restaurants.

All of the ingredient to a comfortable stay in a hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jeffreybrookfield
Birmingham
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This property is well situated, set well back from the main Winchester Road running through the nice Memphis district of Germantown (20 minutes from downtown Memphis).
The building is clean, modern and good sized rooms.
Restaurant/cafe is a little basic but the staff were excellent and keen to please.
Excellent for a short stop/ business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ameglio
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 21, 2013

What an oasis! This was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in at this price. In fact, at twice the price it would have been a great find.

I had a photo assignment in the Germantown area near Memphis and this hotel was recommended to me by the client. I stayed there three nights and I wish I could have had three weeks there. I arrived an hour before check-in and I waited in the very cool, very chic lobby for about an hour until a room was ready for me. All of the folks at the front desk (and, everyone working there) were so nice. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt Place before so I didn't know they had such a great food selection. I knew that the HGI (Hilton Garden Inn) and Marriott hotels had good food but this hotel really surprised me with both its selection and the great prices on their menu. I had a BBQ chicken flatbread pizza and a Caesar salad on two of the evenings and they were both outstanding. At least as good as you'd find in a restaurant and probably even more reasonably priced. The breakfast was over the top outstanding, as well. I can't think of a more broad selection of quality food than they had here. Their "signature" breakfast sandwich was to die for and they usually had at least three different varieties of specialty egg dishes / sandwiches. And, I mean gourmet quality stuff here, not a microwaved thing out of a plastic wrapper. They had two kinds of excellent, fresh yogurt and every topping you can imagine, plus great, real oatmeal, fresh fruit, all kinds of fresh juices and milks and Starbucks coffee and a great assortment of teas. I literally could have stayed there for an hour trying everything. It was outstanding.

My room was amazing and as well laid out as any room that I've ever had in a hotel. The bathroom area had an amazing stand-up shower and a toilet in a separate room and a very cool sink and vanity outside in its own area. Very convenient. The mini-fridge was super handy and the wireless internet was lightning quick and never cut out. The HUGE flat screen TV was on a pivot mount so it could be turned towards the supremely comfortable bed or the desk area; a very cool and handy idea. The doors really slammed shut which is always annoying to me, but more often than not that's the way all hotels are, unfortunately.

The exercise room was one of the best I've seen with all sorts of treadmills and other machines and even free weights. The pool was outside and it looked great, but I didn't use it at all. It was 97 degrees and humid every day that I was there so I should have taken the time to use it.

I can't think of a thing I would change about this hotel, and that's pretty rare. I have to start looking for other Hyatt Place locations on my travels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff were very friendly and when they didn't have a room with two queens they upgraded us to two adjoining rooms before we arrived. The facility and rooms were immaculate and the breakfast was very good. And the breakfast area was kept spotless and tables bused quickly. Only two negatives are the pool and the food setup. The pool is too small for the size of hotel and it sits right next to the parking lot. No real privacy of any kind. The other issue is the food service. They don't have room service as such. There is a menu that you can order from, but you then have to go down to the front desk to get your food. The hotel was completely booked with a bunch of kids sports teams and the hotel has very strict rules regarding quiet hours. They did a very good job of enforcing these rules and the hotel was quiet during the posted hours. The only other minor point is that there were a number of time where I called the front desk and nobody answered. Overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be sports teams during your stay and then ask for a room at the end of the furthes...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Falconfixer86261
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Hilton Memphis
Hilton Memphis
#23 of 136 in Memphis

Been to Hyatt Place Germantown? Share your experiences!