Hyatt Place Germantown
$76
$72
ExtendedStay
$109
All reviewsstarbucks coffeesleeping arealarge couchgreat hotelfrench toastrooms are spacioussoccer tournamentbagelsmemphis areathe hotel stafffree breakfastfitness centermike rose soccer complexnice breakfastfresh fruitcustomer servicestaff was very friendly
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the D1 State Soccer Tournament. It was a great location for the complex, a straight shot to Graceland, and an easy drive to downtown (Beale St., The Peabody, the baseball stadium, the basketball arena, and anything Memphis). The staff was very friendly even in the midst of tons of soccer kids over taking the place! The room was large and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks while completing a job. The first thing you noticed as you enter the lobby is a nice scent. The aroma therapy extends into the rooms. Sometimes I wake to the smell of strawberries or I go to sleep smelling other flowers. Very nice. The hotel is modern contemporary and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The room was quite for the most part. I was working graveyard shift, so I was sleeping between 5AM and noon. The shower was very nice with a large head. Felt like standing in a rain storm. Plently of hot water, quickly delivered. In-room coffee maker makes one cup at a time, very quickly which is fine by me. Large couch folds out into a second bed. The main bed is very comfortable and comes with several pillows. A large screen TV is watchable for the living room as well as the bedroom area. HD service was good, with sharp, dependable viewing. The WiFi consistantly delivered 12-18Mbits data rate which is plenty for streaming video, movies, etc. I plugged my laptop into the big screen TV using an HDMI cable and watched netlix movies. My only complaint is that the closet space is cramped. It was just big enough for one person and a weeks worth of clothes. A washer and dryer are provided on the 4th floor. $1 each for the wash and dry. One dryer cycle was plenty to thoroughly dry all my clothes including 3 pairs of jeans. The staff is very friendly and helpful with whatever you need. The free breakfast is amazing. They have an oatmeal station with al the fixings, an adaptation of eggs benidict, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal and best of all, Starbucks fresh brewed coffees. The surrounding neighborhood is upscale and you feel safe here. Go one mile in any direction and you have shopping and restaurants of all types. Right down the street from Fedex and Nike world headquarters. Overall great experience!

Room Tip: Choose a west room if you plan on sleeping in and want the darkest room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm in the process of moving from Atlanta to Phoenix. Friday (May 17th) was my first night on the road. I drove as far as Memphis and stayed at Hyatt Place in Germantown. I lived in Memphis some years ago and was careful to book a hotel in a safe location since I have some belongings packed in the car and did not want to risk a car break-in. I also really like the Hyatt chain.

This is one of the largest & newest Hyatt Place locations I have visited. It is really huge. It is in pristine condition. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was spotless. The towels were fluffy and the bed was soft & comfy.

A friend drove over and picked me up and we drove a bit down Winchester to Huey's for dinner. There are quite a few eateries in that area, any of which would do, depending on your taste.

I highly recommend this particular Hyatt!

Room Tip: The king rooms have showers only (although they are large and luxurious). If you like a tub bath, make sure you request a double queen.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I came to the hotel excited.. I like the hyatt.. Very far off the hi way but seems fine. Kinda in the middle of nowhere.. Clean area but desolate.. My review is not mainly based on a stay.. But I booked a room as a pet friendly hotel.. But when I arrived I was told there is a "non refundable!" pet deposit of 150.00!!!! That is more than I paid for the room! They were not willing to work with me since I do understand some sort of deposit for pets but I was blown off.. they kinda said pay or go.. That's our policy.. I left... Seeing that Best Western and Days Inn let's you take you pet for a nonreturnable fee of 10.00! I guess I will choose them going forward.. This is a scam.. If you have a pet do not go to the Hyatt..!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet.. Unless you want to pay an addl 150.00 .. Go somewhere else than Hyatt ..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mcoreo2
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Really comfortable beds, amazing shower, and nice hearty breakfast. Love the 12pm check out!

The only negatives this trip were 1) a boiler went out which caused the luke-warm shower on our second day. Ordinarily, it's an awesome shower experience. 2) room needed a little detail work as far as cleaning is concerned. I mean the main areas were cleaned (toilet, shower, sheets, etc) but there were several areas that have collected lots of dust. Also the couch needed vacuuming under the cushions.

Sam, the clerk who checked us out Sunday morning, offered to give us a special rate on our next stay because of the hot water issue.

Overall the stay was amazing and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013