“Great place to stay”

Hyatt Place Germantown
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days. Loved the bed. Loved the separate part of the living and bed area.

For as long as we stayed they never replaced our toilet paper or Kleenex. They also never brought us clean glasses everyday. So we had dirty ones from the first night.

Also our tv didn't work. They worked on it for 3 days but we could only watch a couple of channels. They were going to move us but never did.

There was also big fans blowing down the hall bc of a flood. That didn't bother me though. I like that noise.

But All in all it was a nice place. The bed was my favorite.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff was delightful, excellent breakfast bar. Only missing yogurt or oatmeal from the breakfast bar. French toast was to die for!!!! They serve Starbucks coffee, though there is regular coffee for free at breakfast time.
My room was very clean, refrigerator, plenty of hot water with good shower pressure.
Lobby bathrooms were also very clean. I've stayed here 3 times while in town, as have my very particular mother and father. We all agree that we will continue to stay at Hyatt Place, provided their excellent staff and quality are maintained.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family stayed on 12/29/12 and from the minute we walked in the door we felt at home. The lobby is beautiful and the Sharonda greeted us and got us checked in. Walking into the room, they were immaculate and the kids loved it. We appreciated and utilized the living area with the couch and the large tv. We attempted to go out for dinner but the waits were so long, we decided to come back and eat at the hotel, and we were glad we did. The food was great! The soups were amazing.
The beds were comfortable and we all slept amazingly. In the morning Sharonda was again working and again greeted us. Breakfast was hot and fresh and the staff was constantly keeping it stocked. The rooms were full and they were doing an amazing job of keeping the food coming. Even the desk staff was helping out in there. It was amazing to see.
We will definitely stay here again next time we want a "staycation" and would highly recommend this Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TommyeC
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We will stay here again. Friendly staff, clean room, and good breakfast. I appreciated the government employee discount and all the nice touches to the property. Also, convenient location off the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a very nice experience in this hotel. The staff at check in were wonderful. I even grabbed a light dinner at there in hotel cafe and it was very good. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel. I will stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family stayed at the Hyatt on 11/20/12 and had an enjoyable experience. The hotel looks good on the outside, and the lobby follows suit. I noticed a self-check in station but we didn't try it (there was noone ahead of us, so we went to the clerk for check-in). As I recall the staff was polite and informative. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was nice. Clean, comfortable bed and sitting area. Our room had a separate sink/bathroom.

The bathroom seemed a little small, and please note what type of bathroom you request. The bathroom in our room had a walk-in type shower with a half-door (that let water drip outside the shower beside the toilet). There was no type of tub and nothing to sit on (our 2 year old is leery of showers- baths are her preference). I don't know if you can get a room with a regular tub or not- I will be looking into that issue upon my next visit.

We had to leave well before the breakfast had been set, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I'd stay here again (and probably will). We had good service, a nice room, and it was in a quiet location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Hyatt Place hotels are usually clean and spacious, and this one is no exception. The staff is not what I'd call friendly, but they're nice and do try to please. The breakfast is ample and good. The bed quality was good and clean.

The reason I didn't give this hotel five stars is the absolutely outrageous prices at the hotel bar; I don't want to buy the entire bar, just a drink, and if you ask me, $9 for a glass of wine for which I could buy the entire bottle for $10 is past ridiculous. $8 a beer is stupid, too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank M M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hilton Memphis
Hilton Memphis
#26 of 138 in Memphis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Courtyard Memphis Germantown

Been to Hyatt Place Germantown? Share your experiences!