“Best Hotel In The Germantown Area”

Hyatt Place Germantown
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Hotel In The Germantown Area”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Many areas in and around Memphis can be a bit, eh... sketchy, but this is not the case for the Germantown area and this hotel. Great location with plenty of shopping and great restaurants nearby.

My room was very comfortable and clean. Wait until you see the shower! I particularly enjoy the large couch that I can spread out on and relax before getting into bed. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is also a step above what you find at many hotels of the same price.

If I ever need a hotel in Memphis again, this will be it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HyattGermantown, General Manager at Hyatt Place Germantown, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you! Come back soon and experience our new HOT breakfast, the AM Skillet. YUM!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed at a few Hyatt Place,This has to be one of "The Best" I've ever stayed in.VERY clean,spacious,I love the shower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate our loyal Hyatt visitors. Thanks again for the compliment!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 9, 2012

A bit off the beaten path ...l came into town on Rt 40 but, a very nice place. I stayed in about 7 Hyatt properties in the past couple of weeks and other than the resort in Palm Springs I would rate this as the best of the bunch, the best Hyatt Place to be sure. This hotel seems to be quite new, has nicely appointed rooms, nice TV with HD programming and a friendly staff. A good place to stay if it isn't too far out of your way. Beds and pillows were excellent for me.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here ....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We are three years old! I really appreciated the comments you made regarding your loyal to all Hyatts...and then to compare us to they Hyatt and Palm Springs...well, thank you! We are really fortunate to have a staff that sincerely cares about the hotel and I believe it shows in the ways you stated.
Thanks again for taking time out to post your praise!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The rooms are very nice and clean. Four of us spent the night in the room, so that ought to give you a sense of how spacy the room is. The food was good; however, I under the impression it would be a buffet style breakfast but it was still good. Other than that, I and my boys had ourselves a good time. It was kind of cool day too but that did not stop my boys from taking a dip in the heated pool...I did not have any problem with the staff. I must have caught them on a good day. Oh Yeah, I all most forget about Charles. He gave us little tour and history of German Town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BigJosh1
Thank you! Charles is wonderful. The guests always enjoy his ideas of fun things to do. Though we do not have a breakfast buffet, we have added our new AM Skillet of hot breakfast complimentary to our menu! Come check us out again soon.
Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Arriving tired and starving I was surprised to find no restaurant or room service in the hotel. The Front Desk Clerk prepared my first meal from a small menu of items available from the kitchen and it was good! The front desk clerk acts as bartender as well as performs front desk duties and all of them display some of the best professionalism I have encountered in my travels.

As it turns out the kitchen area is the hub of activity in the hotel; free continental breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. The rooms are like a large studio apartment. The sofa is so large and comfortable that in 8 days I only slept in the bed once. The photos on the website accurately depict what the rooms are like.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingTrainer_11
HyattGermantown, General Manager at Hyatt Place Germantown, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
The kitchen is definitely the Hub of activity at the hotel! We do hope that you will come back and see us again soon. In March, we roll out our new complimentary Kitchen Skillet which is 2 options added to our breakfast including 2 hot breakfast sandwiches prepared and served piping hot off the skillet and our hot, sweet item of the day which could be waffles, banana pancakes or french toast as an example!

We hope you will love it!
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The rooms were very clean and spacy. The food at the breakfast buffet was also extremely good. The problem I had was with the front desk staff. They were on personal phone calls every time I came to the desk and were very rude. I had some issues with my bill and it took 2 managers and a general manager 3 days to get it straightened out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank smtietge
Thank you for your reply. I was not the General Manager over the summer, however I can tell you that our staffing model has changed and you should see quite a difference in our Gallery Hosts and their response and service to all of our guests.

Please feel free to contact me personally should you come to the area again.
Catherine Chamberlain
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is my go-to hotel for travel to Collierville. The rooms and the lobby are nicely decorated and very clean. I appreciate a full bar open until midnight with a TV, coffee bar with flavorings, and a modest variety of meals and snacks available. On my most recent visit, I was disappointed that the fitness center was closed, although I appreciated the use of the local YMCA as a replacement. Not as convenient, of course. Great soundproofing, I didn't hear anything at all in my room. In fact, when the tornado warning siren came on, it took a few minutes before I heard it (I was watching TV). The staff handled the warning appropriately, moving guests into the stairwell and providing water. The storm moved by very quickly but it was proper for the staff to use their protocol and it was very reassuring to the guests.
I hope they spend the money and fix the fitness center and whatever other water damage apparently occurred. I moved into the Courtyard in Collierville because of the lack of fitness center (but moved back to the Hyatt Place after one night because Hyatt Place is much more comfortable. But if the fitness center isn't available for my next visit I'll probably try the Hampton Inn. I'm just sayin!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuzyG1
The fitness center is back to normal! We look forward to seeing you again soon,

We appreciate all of your wonderful comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
#27 of 138 in Memphis
River Inn of Harbor Town
River Inn of Harbor Town
#1 of 138 in Memphis

Been to Hyatt Place Germantown? Share your experiences!