“Needs Help”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a few times and each time seemed to have the same issues. My last stay was so bad I had to write my experience.
Overall issues:
1) Damp mildew smell in hallways and rooms, like a wet dog.
2) Dirty carpets and stains on furniture.
3) Computer in lobby has had an issue each stay, printer cartridge was low my first stay and a year later, they have same issue. Each time, the clerk at the front desk could care less and always blames the gm/owner for it not working properly.
4) Each time I checked in, the shower curtain was mildewy and sour smelling from not being changed after each guest.
5) Huge issue with front desk staff, very unprofessional and no customer service skills.
6) Strange housekeeping staff, stares and 99% sure they live in the hotel.

My last visit was a joke. Upon check in I was forced to deal with a clerk named Renate. This woman was so loud and unprofessional I finally had to ask her to lower her voice. She was accusatory and very argumentative. This person has no business interfacing with guests, she should be folding laundry and cleaning rooms no where near anyone.

Bottomline: Hotel needs help, every time I asked for gm/owner, she was always on her way in or not available. An absent manager, untrained and unprofessional staff, and housekeeping staff that stares at you and waits for you to leave your room.

Room Tip: Hotel need lots of work
1  Thank Choice-MemberDiamond

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now while traveling on business. I most recently stayed from 9/10/12 to 9/14/12. The first room I was given, the a/c did not work. Ms Renate was upstairs immmediately after I called. When she could not get it to work. She immediately went downstairs and I was given another room on the same floor. The air worked beautifully and I must say, it was one of the quietist units. Also, the sheets are the greatest. There were soft and silky and got some really good sleep. I will definitely make this my destination when I travel to Memphis,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Pool was dirty and way too hot. Hot tub was dirty and colder than the pool. Mold in the rooms. Internet was extremely unreliable. The power went out and no one had any answers. We stayed for a week and by the second day we had enough. If it weren't for having pre-paid we would have been long gone. Bathtub in the room didn't drain. Door to the bathroom stuck so badly that you had to use your whole body to get out. Day staff was extremely rude. Will not be back.

5  Thank bigboostdsm
Reviewed August 22, 2012

During our family vist to Germantown we stayed at this hotel. I was very pleased with the way the staff greeted us upon arrival. Check in was fast and the clerk also took time to give us directions. My children enjoyed the popcorn and cookies in the evening. Very clean hotel we will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mycul73
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Dark,dirty, and smelly! the pool and hot tub are gross. The halls, rooms, and elevator are dark and dirty. I would have left if I hadn't booked this on priceline and pre-paid. I didn't feel safe at this motel. It is very creepy. This is the nastiest hotel!

Room Tip: for 90 dollars, stay at the holiday inn!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brandi S
CISManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

do not find this name in our system wrong property

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Old hotel located well enough off Germantown Parkway. That's the good part as everything else pales in comparison. Mentioned previously that this property is dark inside. Some weird moss color that belongs in an institution. Rooms are very little with a laughable vanity area. All this is capped off by poor lighting. Carpet and furniture is ancient. Bed was decent.

Everyone at the front desk should be fired to a person. They all could all care less about their guests. Asking for something was like pulling teeth. One elderly female clerk was actually screaming at her guests. Not in anger, she just spoke this way apparently. Not pretty.

My vote is to avoid this place until a remodel.

3  Thank Lou Pines W
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed three nights and most everything was good. Had SOME really great staff there, very helpful. Was disappointed that the two things we really wanted to be good...was not! Wi-Fi was not so good. They had to keep restarting it or something. It was very slow when I finally did get to be on it. Also, the main reason was the hot tub and it was barely warm. One staff person told us it was a health tub and didn't have to be that hot. The pool was hotter than the hot tub. The jets were barely circulating the water. :( Two other people staying there said it had been that way all week that they were there. Another staff member said they had it worked on several times. NOTE TO SELF: I will always ask now if hot tub is 100% working.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family