$148
$138
Homewood
$85
Hyatt Place Germantown(Germantown)(Great Value!)
$119
$119
$98
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$134
Priceline
$81
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinebreakfast roommemphis areawaffle houseclean roomswolf riverwould highly recommend this hoteleach morningnice staycomplimentary breakfastbed was very comfortableyogurtbiscuitsnice areafitness centerrick
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Stayed here halfway to New Orleans mostly because I read about the trail behind the hotel. It was nice to wake up before a long drive and take a long walk on the trail which runs right beside a river, we even saw some deer! The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The pool was warm, they could use some more chairs by the pool, though, only a couple. The service was great, everyone was friendly. Walking distance to Waffle House. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable. One of our top priorities is excellence in Customer Care. We hope that you will come visit our area again and stay with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

I stayed at this hotel last night and the night before. There are some positives, but service was very poor. I'm not sure I'll be back.

I am a former resident of Memphis who moved 500 miles away several months ago. I return to Memphis periodically on family business. I rely on TripAdvisor reviews, and there are over 300 reviews of this place marked "Excellent" or "Very Good." I can only say the experience of those reviewers is different from mine.

To be sure, there are some positives. The hotel is in a quiet cul de sac just off a major thoroughfare and only minutes from I-40 and I-240. The room rate I got on a well known online travel service was very reasonable. My room with a king-sized bed was quite spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The air-conditioning kept the room perfectly cool. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. The room contained a small microwave. There was a well-equipped fitness center downstairs. I didn't eat their free breakfast, but I checked it out, and it included hot offerings such as cheese omelettes, grits, bacon, and sausage, including turkey sausage. If you run out of an item such as toothpaste, complimentary supplies are available at the desk. WiFi here is free, unlike the "day pass" that you are forced to buy at some other places. I had no problem getting Internet access on my phone.

I arrived late in the evening, and my check-in was promptly and professionally handled by Jay, the friendly desk employee. Jay was shortly replaced by Keith, also friendly and polite.

With all these good things about this Holiday Inn Express, why am I saying I am not sure I would return?

1. My room was never cleaned or the linens changed. Each room has a special hanging tag that you can put on your door that says "Please change the linens today." I hung it on my door, and it was ignored. No one ever entered my room at all.

Ironically, it is my custom to leave a small cash tip for housekeeping in my room each morning. When I returned to my room, the dirty linens were untouched, as well as the cash tip. I took the money and put it back in my wallet.

2. The coffee maker in my room wouldn't work. That is, you could add the water to the reservoir, put the little plastic coffee pouch in place, and close the whole assembly, and the "brew" light would start blinking. So far, so good.

Then, after about 10 seconds, the unit would simply turn itself off as though you had done nothing. No hot water, no brewed coffee. I went through the whole routine about 5 times and couldn't get the machine to brew me a cup of coffee for love or money. I have used this brand of coffee maker for years and stayed in a variety of places. I have never had this problem in any other place I have ever stayed.

My morning cup of coffee is something I look forward to very much, and I was quite put out that one was not available (unless I went downstairs to their breakfast room). I reported it to the front desk and asked that it be fixed, but nothing was ever done about it.

3. When I leave the cash tip for housekeeping that I mentioned above, I take the pad and pen on the bedside table, write "Housekeeping" on a piece of paper, and fold the money into it. I could not do so in this room, since there was a notepad but no pen! I can't recall that happening in any other place I've ever stayed for the past 60-plus years. I had to go downstairs and inform Keith, who rummaged around in the office and then brought me a pen, cheerfully announcing "I had to steal a pen for you!"

4. There is a fairly spacious entrance area in each room, nicely lit. The problem is that the light in my entrance way kept going on and off, for no apparent reason. At first, I wondered if it was controlled by a motion sensor that caused it to go off if no one was standing directly beneath it, but that does not seem to have been the case; on the other hand, it was not flickering, as though about to burn out. I still don't know what the problem was.

5. My receipt was slid under my door during the night, and I stopped at the front desk at 10 minutes to 7 this morning to leave my room keys. There was no one there. Suspecting that someone might be out of sight in the office, I cleared my throat rather loudly a couple of times.

Presently, a woman appeared and asked if she could help me, in a tone of voice that suggested she wished I would get out of her hair so she could go back to taking a nap. I said I was there to drop off my keys. She asked if I had gotten my receipt, and I said I had. She looked at me as if to say, "Then what are you standing here bothering me for? Just leave your keys and go."

Presently, she seemed to recall at least some of her professional courtesy and said she hoped I had a good day. It never seemed to occur to her to thank me for staying there, ask if everything was satisfactory, or invite me to return.

To sum up, this hotel is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and conveniently located. If you bring your own pen, don't care if your room gets cleaned, don't mind it if your coffee maker doesn't work, and enjoy dealing with a sleepy, surly desk clerk in the morning, you're all set. For my money, there are definitely a couple of things they could work on.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It is important for us to hear the good and the bad and we appreciate your honesty. Your many compliments show that we are at the top of our game in most areas. I do apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and have brought those issues to the attention of management. Please give us the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the area. I think you will find the issues you mentioned have been corrected. One of our missions is excellence in customer care and it is unfair to expect our guests to enjoy anything but the best.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

I travel to the Memphis area quite often, and I always stay at this hotel. The people are always super friendly, my room is always clean, and the breakfast is amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Memphis for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Thank you for being loyal to our brand. We pride ourselves on excellent customer care. Our guests are our top priority and your review shows that we have hit our goal. Thank you for your generous compliments. Please visit again soon. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

We stayed here for a weekend, to attend a seminar in town. We chose the hotel by it's proximity to where we were going, but also due to the perks, like continental breakfast, and a king bed in a nice, clean room.

We really just spent time at night after dinner to sleep - but there is a work out room, nice breakfast area, and it was centrally located - with helpful, friendly hotel staff.
I won't stay in downtown Memphis - so this offers a great place to stay at a good rate !

Room Tip: Make sure to use their option of checking in really early or really late - they are good to insure they have rooms ready !
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your generous compliments. It is always our intention for our guests to receive the best experience ever. It is always our pleasure to serve you. Please come again.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

We were running late to breakfast since the time happen to change the night before but the lady in charge gave more time for people to eat . Very happy overall with hotel and nice stay. Would stay there again if we travel to Memphis.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Thank you for your delightful compliments. It is always out pleasure to serve you. Please consider this your home whenever you are in the area.