“Staff consistently goes above and beyond”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Orange Park, Florida
“Staff consistently goes above and beyond”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My mother, sister and I found ourselves in dire straits while in Memphis and had nowhere to turn until the general manager of this hotel helped us out. Everyone from the general manager, front desk staff, housekeeping, and breakfast helper were outstanding to us.

The hotel is clean, well kept, well appointed, and in what I would call a suburbian part of town. Yes, you could find many hotels in this category, but what sets this hotel above is the level of SERVICE they provide. The breakfast helper said it best: "if we can say yes to a customer, that's what we are going to do". This philosophy resonates throughout everyone on staff.

If we find ourselves in Memphis again, we would most definitely stay here again. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I want you to know that it was our pleasure to serve your family. Your mother's welfare was our only concern. From the time Rick welcomed you to our property until your mom was tucked safely in bed your well being was our only focus. Your compliments about the cleanliness of the Hotel were appreciated by our Housekeeping staff. It is meaningful to them when someone notices their hard work and compliments them. As you could see they take the job seriously. It was paramount to get your mom comfortable and I have complimented them on a job well done. Thank you for all your kind words. They are much appreciated and have been passed on. We hope that your mom has recovered and that all turned out well. If you are ever in the area again we would love to welcome you back.

Hospitality Hostess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Housekeeping, the front desk staff, Michelle at the breakfast buffet and Rick the General Manager all worked together to make our stay comfortable. We were from out of town, needed to reschedule flights and find a place at the last minute- what luck to find such helpful, kind people.

The cleanliness of the hotel and friendly staff was above and beyond anything I've experienced. I've stayed at a lot of 3-star hotels (soccer tournaments, etc) and this Holiday Inn Express is a cut above the rest. Rick and his staff are a testament that 'great people make the difference.' I did not get to meet everyone who helped us but it is obvious to me that teamwork and great customer service make for happy guests at the holiday express Germantown, TN!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I have immediately shared your generous review of our Hotel with the entire staff. It delights us to know we have pleased our guests. That is our one and only goal. We want your visit with us to be a memorable one and from your remarks I believe we did just that. We do not take your compliments lightly and will strive to continue to do better each day. I always say it is management that sets the tone of the work place. Rick and Hemmy Patel lead by example and it is a pleasure to be on their staff. Thank you again for your compliments. We would love to welcome you as our guests again...and again!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, food was awesome, and the lady that was doing the breakfast that morning was very sweet! She was very helpful and kept food coming even though they had 2 teenage baseball teams staying there while we were there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We appreciate your kind review of our Hotel. I give all the credit to our awesome management team Rick and Hemmy Patel. Their guidance sets the stage for a delightful work place. Our team is anxious to please our guests and make their stay a memorable one. We would welcome you back for another visit . Remember...when you are in Germantown...you have a home with us!

california
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is a nice, clean three star hotel. Good location, near restaurants, shopping and the sites around memphis. Many of the other reviews make it sound like a five star property. It isn't.
If you are on the second floor, you'll need to go up to 3 or down to 1 to get ice. No ice machine on the second floor??? Be sure to check the dates on the milk cartons. I had one that was a week past the expiration date. One morning, there wasn't any bananas available at breakfast. And, considering there was no other fruit offered during our three day stay . . . .
I'd stay here again. It's a good value, but it is what it is.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It means a lot when a guest takes the time out of a busy schedule to compliment us. I apologize for the date discrepancy on the milk . I try to be very conscientious in the dates on ALL the food served to our honored guests. I guess this one "sneaked " by me. We decided not to have an ice machine on the second floor to be kind to the environment . Our Hotel only has 72 rooms and the two we have always seemed to be sufficient . However, it would have been our pleasure to have changed rooms for you. It is our goal to make all our guests happy in every sense of the word. We would to have you come for a return visit.

Burbank, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We came to Memphis, TN from California and we were booked in a real bad area of Memphis. The next morning we booked a room here. We stayed 7 nights and LOVED it!!! It's so worth the money. It's in a good area right outside of Memphis and it's quite. It has a good amount of food places near by so it's convenient. The breakfast is good and there is a lady named Michelle who works there and she's amazing. My kids and I love her. All the employees there are really nice tho. They really go out of their way. I would so go back there and stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
It goes without saying that your stay was as much fun for me as it was for you. I fell in love immediately with your precious daughters and it was a joy to see them at Breakfast. I passed on all your compliments to our staff . Their devotion to our Hotel makes it the wonderful Hotel that it is. It means a lot to us that our guests notice our hard work and take the time to give a fabulous review. I am looking forward to seeing you all before too many years go by. I thank you for being my Face Book friend . I really enjoy all your posts.

Littleton
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Good, quiet location. Very clean. Comfy beds. Delicious breakfast with a lot of choices. Exceptional, friendly staff. Nice pool. Well worth the money! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
When our guests take the time to review our property we are so appreciative. Knowing that your stay was memorable makes us strive for excellence even more. I have passed on your compliment to the Housekeepers. They take pride in their work and appreciate being noticed and thanked. I am especially delighted you enjoyed the Breakfast. We want our guests to have the most delicious and healthy foods to choose from. We look forward to another visit and hope we can make it even better than the first.

Burbank, California
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We came as a family (3 adults 2 children) and had 2 rooms at another hotel which was HORRIBLE. We were supposed to be there for 8 nights, and found this one instead and called the morning of, letting them know we needed to get out of our hotel ASAP, and we knew check-in wasn't til 4pm, but we had a rough night with a little on in the ER and no sleep, and they went out of their way to accommodate us, and give us an early check in so we were able to take a nap, and refresh our bodies, and start over with a GREAT experience. Every day, it seemed like we were more than just guests, we were extended family. Michelle, was GREAT with the kids every morning, and even gave us an extra yogurt, so that way the little one could eat and take her medicine. We appreciate EVERYTHING they did for us, and all the help and hospitality we received from this WONDERFUL hotel staff. Thank you for turning our bad start into a great experience on our first family trip to Tennessee!!

The California family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I remember you guys well and so appreciate your compliments. The girls were amazing and it was easy to fall in love with them. I'm glad we were able to turn what might have been a disappointing stay in the Memphis area to one that you will remember fondly for years. Even though you are in California I hope you will consider a return visit soon. I am lucky to have become Cat's Face Book friend so I can see the girl's grow up.

Hospitality Hostess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!