Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, food was awesome, and the lady that was doing the breakfast that morning was very sweet! She was very helpful and kept food coming even though they had 2 teenage baseball teams staying there while we were there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We appreciate your kind review of our Hotel. I give all the credit to our awesome management team Rick and Hemmy Patel. Their guidance sets the stage for a delightful work place. Our team is anxious to please our guests and make their stay a memorable one. We would welcome you back for another visit . Remember...when you are in Germantown...you have a home with us!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is a nice, clean three star hotel. Good location, near restaurants, shopping and the sites around memphis. Many of the other reviews make it sound like a five star property. It isn't.
If you are on the second floor, you'll need to go up to 3 or down to 1 to get ice. No ice machine on the second floor??? Be sure to check the dates on the milk cartons. I had one that was a week past the expiration date. One morning, there wasn't any bananas available at breakfast. And, considering there was no other fruit offered during our three day stay . . . .
I'd stay here again. It's a good value, but it is what it is.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It means a lot when a guest takes the time out of a busy schedule to compliment us. I apologize for the date discrepancy on the milk . I try to be very conscientious in the dates on ALL the food served to our honored guests. I guess this one "sneaked " by me. We decided not to have an ice machine on the second floor to be kind to the environment . Our Hotel only has 72 rooms and the two we have always seemed to be sufficient . However, it would have been our pleasure to have changed rooms for you. It is our goal to make all our guests happy in every sense of the word. We would to have you come for a return visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We came to Memphis, TN from California and we were booked in a real bad area of Memphis. The next morning we booked a room here. We stayed 7 nights and LOVED it!!! It's so worth the money. It's in a good area right outside of Memphis and it's quite. It has a good amount of food places near by so it's convenient. The breakfast is good and there is a lady named Michelle who works there and she's amazing. My kids and I love her. All the employees there are really nice tho. They really go out of their way. I would so go back there and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014

It goes without saying that your stay was as much fun for me as it was for you. I fell in love immediately with your precious daughters and it was a joy to see them at Breakfast. I passed on all your compliments to our staff . Their devotion to our Hotel makes it the wonderful Hotel that it is. It means a lot to us that our guests notice our hard work and take the time to give a fabulous review. I am looking forward to seeing you all before too many years go by. I thank you for being my Face Book friend . I really enjoy all your posts.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Good, quiet location. Very clean. Comfy beds. Delicious breakfast with a lot of choices. Exceptional, friendly staff. Nice pool. Well worth the money! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

When our guests take the time to review our property we are so appreciative. Knowing that your stay was memorable makes us strive for excellence even more. I have passed on your compliment to the Housekeepers. They take pride in their work and appreciate being noticed and thanked. I am especially delighted you enjoyed the Breakfast. We want our guests to have the most delicious and healthy foods to choose from. We look forward to another visit and hope we can make it even better than the first.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We came as a family (3 adults 2 children) and had 2 rooms at another hotel which was HORRIBLE. We were supposed to be there for 8 nights, and found this one instead and called the morning of, letting them know we needed to get out of our hotel ASAP, and we knew check-in wasn't til 4pm, but we had a rough night with a little on in the ER and no sleep, and they went out of their way to accommodate us, and give us an early check in so we were able to take a nap, and refresh our bodies, and start over with a GREAT experience. Every day, it seemed like we were more than just guests, we were extended family. Michelle, was GREAT with the kids every morning, and even gave us an extra yogurt, so that way the little one could eat and take her medicine. We appreciate EVERYTHING they did for us, and all the help and hospitality we received from this WONDERFUL hotel staff. Thank you for turning our bad start into a great experience on our first family trip to Tennessee!!

The California family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I remember you guys well and so appreciate your compliments. The girls were amazing and it was easy to fall in love with them. I'm glad we were able to turn what might have been a disappointing stay in the Memphis area to one that you will remember fondly for years. Even though you are in California I hope you will consider a return visit soon. I am lucky to have become Cat's Face Book friend so I can see the girl's grow up.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were in town this weekend for the 3rd Annual Battle on the Greenbelt Round Robin and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had to be at the fields Saturday morning at 6:30 for our first games which meant we needed to leave the hotel by 6am. The overnight manger meet at at 5:30am as I was starting to load the car up and as I wishfully asked, got any coffee? He smiled and assured me that he just made a fresh pot. When I walked back in he meet with with a fresh hot cup of joe. He then asked if we needed any breakfast before we left. They usually don't open breakfast to 6:30am on Saturdays. I told him that would make my girls happy. When we came down to leave, he had everything setup for us. It made the the girls happy and my morning much easier. Thanks!!!

And to top off our experience, they let us have a late checkout so we could come back and take showers and clean up before we started our drive home. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Your review of our property was amazing. I am delighted you and your team had a memorable experience with us. I am not surprised. Emmanual, our night auditor made sure your team was fed before hitting the fields. It is our goal to treat each guest as if they were our only one. When we receive compliments, such as yours, we know we are on target. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to a repeat visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We recently chose to stay at this location based on a friend's recommendation and the reviews we read on TripAdvisor. From the moment we entered the front door, we were greeted by extremely friendly and welcoming staff. We felt like VIPs. The hotel was spotless! We observed the sparkling lobby floor being mopped several times, the room was immaculate with the most comfortable pillows I have ever experienced (and we are very frequent travelers!). It was evident that each staff person took personal pride in their facility and in sharing it with their guests! The breakfast selection was excellent, the entire room and everything in it was spotless and was only outshined by the friendly and accommodating hostess, Michelle! Her warmth with each guest made the experience feel like being at home. When we encountered a glitch with our reservation, the manager, Rick, jumped immediately to correct the situation and ensure that our stay was enjoyable. It is obvious that management set the tone for the rest of the staff. Our experience was exceptional and future visits to the Memphis area will definitely include a stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet