Tripadvisor
Germantown
All reviews great location front desk hilton honors beautiful hotel expensive hotel nice shopping safe neighborhood newer hotel outdoor pool complimentary breakfast great room close proximity up to date restaurants and shopping excellent stay quiet area breakfast bar
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

We checked in on Dec 22 2019 for a three day stay. Breakfast seemed to be off these two days (23 and 24), as the selections were either out or very little for the offering. Coffee was hit and miss mostly miss. Fruit seemed to be the best availability. We were told the housekeeping would be to a minimal on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I get it, they want to be with their families as well.
The issue seems to fall on Christmas Eve with 16 cars being broken into during the night. It only seems to reason that your guests are staying with you to spent Christmas with their families. Wouldn’t it help to have had a guard service in the parking lot for two days to keep 16 families from having their cars broken into and their presents stolen and their holiday ruined. Germantown is not the same town it was 30 years ago. Crime has moved in and knows the easy marks.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

I will start by saying that I am a Hilton Diamond member. I have stayed in many Hilton properties in a multitude of locations. Hilton is definitely my preferred brand for both business and personal travel.
This Hampton Inn & Suites is in a very upscale, clean and safe location. It appears to be a newer property with a simple and clean aesthetic. Unfortunately that is where my positive ends.
Upon check in and arrival to our room I realized a very small space (in relation to what I am used to with Hilton properties) with limited storage. I am one of those travelers that prefers to unpack when staying multiple days rather than live out of my luggage. My husband and I were forced to do just that, live out of luggage. Thankfully it was only a 3 night trip. There were 3 small metal storage baskets in the cabinet beneath the television. That served to store my 2 children’s undergarments and night clothes. No drawers in the bedroom nor bathroom.
We ran out of toilet paper the 2nd night. The only roll was whatever was left on the roller from the previous occupants. I called the front desk and they promptly brought a new roll. What hotel doesn’t stick rooms with an extra roll of toilet paper? For no apparent reason housekeeping skipped our room cleaning the next day of our stay. We didn’t have any signs on the door to indicate we didn’t want service so I am at a loss with that one. I did speak to a lady at the front desk about it but she had been off over the weekend and had no idea why they wouldn’t have serviced our room.
The housekeeping issues coupled with uncomfortable beds will prevent me from returning to this Hilton property. I honestly wish I hadn’t wasted my Honors rewards points on this one.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Traci-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear Momof2inAL,

Thank you for being a valued Diamond member. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and trust in Hilton for your travel needs, which is why it disappoints us to no end hearing your stay did not meet expectations. We've shared your experience with our team and have committed to be more vigilant with our housekeeping standards. We welcome you to return next time you are in the area to see our improvements and receive the level of hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Upon arrival there was not the particular room I had requested so they offered us a suite. It was really nice with a larger room with a couch and large bathroom. They even gave us some drinks for the trouble which there was no trouble. Good breakfast as usual and great time.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2020

The lady who checked us in was very knowledgeable of the area. She gave us information about the area and advice on how to navigate the downtown area. The room was very clean and it is in a great location!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2019

Bautifully renovated Hampton Inn in Germantown is very clean and modern with nice rooms and a great complimentary breakfast. I would recommend it to anyone. We stayed there for a wedding and I was surprised at the quality and the very reasonable price.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGermantownGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Good evening!

Thank you so much for such an awesome review!

We consider it an honor and privilege, each time a guest chooses to stay at our property! And, it is our mission to ensure that each guest has an amazing experience. It is so exciting for us to know that your stay was a great one!

It is our hope that should your travels return you to Germantown, that you would select Hampton Inn & Suites – Germantown, for your lodging accommodations.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year and Safe Travels!

Again, Thank You!