“Memphis Homewood Suites”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Norfolk, United States
“Memphis Homewood Suites”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My experience with Homewood Suites was incredible. The rooms were beautiful, neat, clean, fresh!!! I visited for business and would come again for pleasure. My stay was affordable, however I felt like a "valued guest". Excellent stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodGermantown, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
At our property, everyone is a valued guest! We are so glad you enjoyed your time here, and we can't wait to have you back! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay.

Homewood Suites Germantown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mississippi
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have stayed at some high-dollar spots (over $200 a night) but we were really impressed with how comparable this place was to them. The staff was friendly, the rooms were recently remodeled and clean, and the bed (let me tell you about the king-size bed) it was wonderful. We stayed for two nights, and although the walls were paper-thin, the space more than made up for that small fault. The continental breakfast was good, especially since there were waffles (I mean who doesn't love waffles?). I will also note that the hotel layout was a little frustrating in that if I took the wrong elevator I had to walk all the way around the interior of the hotel to get to my room. Make sure you follow the desk-clerk's directions so that you can get to your room the easiest way possible ( I didn't and was forced to lug the luggage around the world). The outside patio (courtyard) was a treat but because of the thin walls, we could hear the conversations from the overly imbibed, as we tried to go to sleep at midnight. All-in-all, we would come back. This was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, try to get a room on the south side, away from the courtyard and the bo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and your honesty will help us improve our property for all future guests. We certainly hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Frisco, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel when I traveled to the Memphis/Germantown area for business. Will look for other hotels in the future. The hotel is looking dated and worn. The fan in my room was noisy. The A/C was not much better. Staff was ok - they were more interested in their own conversation rather than checking in guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodGermantown, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your most recent visit, and certainly will be following up on the issues you have brought to our attention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the property to discuss your stay in further detail.

Sharbour A. Ray
Assistant General Manager
901-751-2500
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Location is great--right near the main road with restaurants and shops nearby. Hotel staff was great--friendly and helpful. My husband and I love Homewood Suites because with the spacious rooms and full kitchens, it feels more like home. Breakfast was great each day. Food is fresh and the kitchen staff was very attentive, always making sure there was sufficient food out and keeping the area clean. Wasn't able to take advantage of the evening meals, but I would assume they are good too.

With this location, we only had a few complaints. Our biggest complaint is that the bed mattress was a little more worn than we would have liked. Both days, my husband and I woke up with sore backs. Another complaint is that if the guy in the room next to us took a shower, it took several minutes for us to get any hot water in our room, both in the bathroom sink or the shower. We noticed this for both mornings we were there. Our last complaint is that for the toilet, you had to hold down the handle for a few seconds for a full complete flush.

It seems like the building is a little older, so I guess that's what comes as a result of it. Saw hotel maintenance staff on the property busy fixing several things including the north side entrance that was hanging open since a screw had come undone in the handle (door wouldn't securely close). Also, hotel is in a "U" shape and when the north elevator broke down, we had to walk all the way around to the elevator at the south end to bring down our luggage. It was inconvenient, but not bad.

Based on the location and great staff, I would consider staying at this location again, but would probably check the bed first before settling in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodGermantown, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I can't wait to share your words with our team.

Also, thank you for your honesty. These matters will certainly be looked in to immediately and moving forward as we are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences. If you would like to speak with me in more detail regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at the property.

Sharbour Ray
Assistant General Manager
901-751-2500
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights while in town for work. It is convenient to shopping and many restaurants just a short drive away. My room was clean and quiet (the only issue I had was one night the toilet kept running and I had to close the bathroom door. I didn't use the gym or eat any of the meals there. Front staff were helpful when I checked in. The only thing that would have been nice in my room-was a local running map. I went to the front desk to ask about a running route-and there were several people in line-so I just ran on the sidewalk down one of the roads and back. Later as I was leaving Memphis-I heard about some great running areas very close to the hotel. That is one nice thing the Sheraton brand has-running routes. Otherwise that is a very small issue-I would definitely stay here again if in the area. I felt it was safe and convenient.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodGermantown, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed it. We will certainly take into consideration your suggestion regarding maps of local walking trails as we are always looking for ways to better serve our guests. Thank you so much! We hope to see you again soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was very well maintained. Rooms were spacious and with the living area it felt more like an apartment verses a hotel. Location was great, Germantown is a very nice upscale suburb of Memphis. Room came with a complete kitchen which I didn't use, but would come in handy for long stays. There is also a Perkins right next door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodGermantown, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Roomy suites are high on our list of things to love about Homewood Suites, too! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope you'll be back to visit us soon - maybe you can take advantage of that personal kitchen next time!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed October 5, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for the first time,was close to the memphis airshow,which brought me there.it is in a safe location,close to great places to eat,and a mile from a great low price gas station.staff helped with all that i asked,but,internet in room was too slow to stream movies or upload pictures via facebook.food was the best out of all hotel chains that serve a free meal,stay here

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodGermantown, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at our property! Thank you so much for your honest review - we will definitely take your comments regarding our internet speeds into consideration as we are always looking for ways to fine tune our guest's experiences. Thank you, again, and we hope you'll be back soon!

Homewood Suites Germantown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Courtyard Memphis Germantown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!