“Love, Love, Love Homewood Suites!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've never had a bad experience at a Homewood Suites. This Homewood was no exception. From the front desk, to the service staff, everyone makes you feel welcome, like coming back home. The room was great, the food was great, and the staff were awesome. This is the place to stay for me when visiting the greater Memphis area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Settled on the outskirts of the richness that is Germantown, this older hotel features a great breakfast with hot food and cold juices as well as your normal continental fare. Got free cookies & bottled water when I entered my room for being an Hhonors member, which was a pleasant surprise to end a rainy day of driving. Front desk was helpful when I inquired about directions to Graceland. Very direct route from here, basically one road then another for about 12 miles. Perkins is right next door if you need a quick bite to eat. Sleep was okay, will stay here again the next time I am in the Germantown area! Tour the gated communities and the other wealthy living areas around Germantown, you'll be surprised by the array of old world European home designs around town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Memphis along with my daughter and her boyfriend in March, 2013. Our first impression of the rooms were that they were very nice and we appreciated the door dividing the separate rooms which made any hallway noise during the night obsolete. About an hour after we arrived the phones stopped working and were not fixed the entire time we were there (4 nights) This made it very inconvenient as there were a couple of times we needed the front desk's assistance. Our daughter's room came equipped with a DVD player, ours did not. Take or buy whatever you need to cook because the little shop downstairs is very pricey. A bottle of tea was $3.

The exercise room (which has exactly 2 pieces of equipment) was too hot to do a proper workout in and there were no cups to get water so I was glad I took my bottle down with me.

The breakfast was pretty good but it seemed the wait staff had a little trouble keeping the waffle mix, hot breakfast items and especially the coffee replenished. The evening meals were a nice offering that you don't see in other hotels.

I noticed in other postings that smoking was allowed in the building but neither my husband (who has a keen sense of smell when it comes to smoke) nor I smelled smoke in the building.

1  Thank TDBaxter
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My kids and I were there for our Spring break visiting malls and attractions. This hotel was very clean and nice. The location is in a wonderful and safe area around plenty of malls,shopping centers,restaurants,movie theaters and attractions.... I would highly recommend this hotel for any business or leisure clients.....

1  Thank Angela T
Reviewed March 21, 2013

First night, found a Nasty long hair in shower – not mine, Gross. Poor house-keeping!!
Also spotted Various dirt marks on bathroom walls & shower ceiling.
The Lame shower curtain, allows water to seep out onto floor, because it is impossible to seal the curtain against the shower wall. Water on floor. Lovely!
Frayed, shower matt and looks to be falling apart – get new ones!!
Bathroom sink won’t drain fast, gross. Used the kitchen sink (luckily had a suite room w/ kitchen), for teeth brushing so I wouldn’t have to stare at disgusting water slowly draining.
Elevator not working Tues morning. Maintenance man says was breaker. I guess this can happen.
Pathetic breakfast. I am so tired of the standard instant egg globs they serve.
Sanford & Son on the TV during the evening dinner?? Really? Staff seen watching, enjoying, and laughing at TV show. Come on man! Turn on news or something everyone might enjoy. TV is for guests, Not workers..
“Sorry” – over-heard front desk girl several times saying this. They must have to say it often,, “Sorry”..
Tiny un-air conditioned Weight room – has drink cooler but no cups. Told front desk girl about no cups and she promised to put some in there. Went to weight room two nights later – and NO CUPS!! What is the purpose of the water cooler in the weight room?? Should I get on my knees and put my mouth to it, to get a drink??
3rd (top) floor Smells like smoke from smokers. Whole hallway wreaks of cigarette smoke. Yep, the hotel allows smokers in the room and actually gives the smokers the top floor, corner rooms. What?? Thought these rooms were saved for Hilton Diamond members!!! The staff and management of this hotel are CLUELESS!!!!
Walk forever for ice – it is way the hell around the other end of the horse-shoe shaped building. Get a work-out, going for ice.
Will never stay at this dump again!

Room Tip: NOT top floor, that's where smokers stay! Yep - they allow smokers. YUK!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JimB_Traveler
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I really like the Hilton family and although I have only stay at a couple of Homewood Suites, they are what I now look for. This property was a perfect location for the business event we attended at the Agri Center. It was clean and the rooms were spacious. The morning Breafast was a bonus. I'll stay here again!

Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We returned for this years Make Room Conference! We again enjoyed another pleasent experience....great staff, comfortable rooms, numerous options for breakfast, and plenty hot coffee. Thanks for such a great value. We look forward to returning this summer and again at Conference Time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#3 of 9 in Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!