“An oasis in an otherwise chain restaurant environment”

The Bull and Thistle Pub
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Gainesboro
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bull & Thistle Pub offers the finest Celtic fare from the British Isles and Ireland, plus live music on the weekends, and a full bar including a superb wine list and 20 beers and ciders on tap! Join us in the heart of historic Gainesboro for a meal worth remembering. Stay an hour, or stay for the evening, sampling our delicious menu and brilliant variety of beers, ales and ciders from our 100 year old bar. On Friday and Saturday nights, we bring you an incredible selection of live music from across the great state of Tennessee and beyond. Friendly service, a cozy atmosphere, and truly extraordinary cuisine make for a wonderful time!
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Delicious, great service. My only complaint was I felt a little rushed and they really needed a printed beer menu cause the menu was not visible from the table

There are newer reviews for The Bull and Thistle Pub

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Can't wait to go back. Everyone's food was delicious, the service was impeccable, & the atmosphere is a delight.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I saw a billboard on I 40 and drove 14 miles to find an authentic Irish pub in a tiny mountain town. Excellent beer and food, though they need to add an IPA to their excellent line of taps. I may plan a hiking trip down here just so I can visit this place again!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Bull and Thistle is a beautifully-decorated restaurant with excellent food. Everything I've ever had there is excellent. The Achilles heel of this place is the service, which can be, frankly, piss-poor. Some of the staff seems untrained and, what's worse, absolutely apathetic. Last time I was there I sat in the bar area. The server, Jenna, was too busy chatting with her friends at the bar to come and check on us. Most folks at our table would have ordered a lot more, but it was like pulling teeth to get her to wait on us. If you go, ask for Mary or Daniel, and DO NOT let them seat you in Jenna's section.

1  Thank Dorothy P
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Definitely a place to try out. I happened to be in Gainesboro for my job and stopped by to have dessert: cheesecake. It's a little inconvenient as far as location, but the atmosphere was ok.