“Southern cooking and charm at its best!”

Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Welcome to Puckett’s! Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett’s for over a half a century. We’ve updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it’s still Puckett’s Grocery... nothing too fancy,but everything good. It’s where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Consider Puckett’s for private party rentals and catering needs.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch are all VERY good. Live music most every night with very talented local and regional bands. Puckett's has become a destination for locals and tourists. The location in Historic Downtown Franklin is perfect for this popular restaurant. Friendly and efficient service. A great breakfast spot where many locals gather to start the day. The breakfast buffet on Sat and Sun is a real bargain with a constant supply of your favorite breakfast items.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch, and we did have a short wait. The barbeque was great and the apple cobbler made it perfect! Our waiter was very nice -- he saw my camera and took the time to show us on a map some places to drive to make beautiful photographs. Wonderful food with a nostalgic atmosphere!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I visited Puckett's Gro. in early June of 2014. We visited for breakfast and were greeted by a pleasant hostess who seated us. The gentleman who served us was polite and friendly. We had the usual breakfast fare - eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes - I also tried the biscuits and gravy. Everything was good, although I'd prefer not to order the gravy again. I tend to like spicier gravy and it seemed a little bland for my taste.

However, the atmosphere was good. We enjoyed our breakfast and some conversation with the staff. Puckett's Gro. has good food and friendly service.

You should check it out. We'll definitely come again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We had their buffet breakfast and it was delicious! Make sure you try the chocolate milk which is so good!

Also they have an interesting pulled pork breakfast casserole. You may think that that does not sound appetizing but it's the best part of the buffet.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I made reservations for Puckett's but decided to arrive about an hour early. There was no problem seating us early and canceling our later reservation. We wanted to sit outside and that was not a problem either. They promptly seated us right outside. I had heard a lot about Puckett's so I was expecting a lot and wasn't disappointed in the least. We started our meal with the Fried Green Beans. For entrees, my husband got the Southern Fried Chicken and I got the new specialty dish, Piggy Mac (BBQ with macaroni and cheese). Oh my! Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. We arrived famished but left completely stuffed. We wanted dessert but couldn't handle it. Good thing we had the ghost tour right after our meal with Margie at Franklin on Foot. We needed the walk!!!