“Good food and atmosphere”

Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 385 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Welcome to Puckett’s! Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett’s for over a half a century. We’ve updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it’s still Puckett’s Grocery... nothing too fancy,but everything good. It’s where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Consider Puckett’s for private party rentals and catering needs.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had lunch at Puckett's while visiting Franklin with an old Car group. Everyone in the group enjoyed the food. We arrived a little before noon which ended up being a good call. People were lined up outside to get in when I was leaving. The only negative to a positive experience was the service was a little slow.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This quaint "grocery" type store in historic downtown Franklin offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, meals, and deserts. We make it a point to have a lunch here when we're in town. This time, however, something went wrong. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and chose marble rye. I thought that the bread tasted stale, and as I got to the end of my sandwich, I discovered a patch of green mold on the crust. I called the waitress over who immediately saw it before I could finish my sentence. She grabbed the plate and showed it to a manager who was embarrassed and apologetic, resulting in no charge for everything including souvenirs.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Yum.....better get to Puckett's early before the locals for breakfast, brunch or lunch if you want to munch at Puckett's! Quaint little restaurant and souther grocery store serves as decor. Warm, friendly service. We've eaten there twice while attending the CMA Music Fest. Timed our visit and didn't wait too long and our wait was worth it. Good home cooking....I'm still remembering my strawberry mixed green salad w/ feta and grilled chicken I don't remember what the husband ordered b/c it was inhaled (I believe breakfast and another time lunch sandwich.) All I do know is that when I cross the Tennessee line, I'm heading south and Puckett's!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sunday breakfast with our extended family was our goal. Everyone tried something different and all were pleased. There is a wait, but you have plenty to look at for distraction! Go there and you will understand.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've never had a bad meal here. It's great food, especially the BBQ. The downside is it is loud and hard to hear during a conversation. Our experiences here have always been positive until our last visit when the young male hostess wanted to seat us in a very small table right at the door. There were a lot of other tables available when we said we wanted to sit somewhere other than that he told us he couldn't even though they weren't reserved. We left and haven't been back. We have always loved Pucketts but were surprised at the lack of customer accommodation. I highly recommend the food and hope that when we do visit again they have a different host.

Max S, General Manager at Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Please let me express our regret for your unpleasant experience with us at Puckett's. We strive to learn from our mistakes and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I have spoken with our staff and we will make every effort to make sure we do not make our guests feel unwelcome. Please come and see us again and you may ask for me by name. I hope we will see you soon!