“Cool Cafe is one Hot place”
Review of Cool Cafe

Cool Cafe
Ranked #35 of 369 Restaurants in Franklin
Description: Cool Cafe blends "Fine Southern Food" and scratch cookin' for a scrumptious and hearty meal for lunch and dinner. We serve lunch Sunday through Friday and dinner Monday through Thursday. Entrees, like Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Pot Roast, and Chef's Specials such as Lemon Baked Chicken, Baked Tilapia and Chicken Mexico, team up with a variety of freshly cooked vegetables such as, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Fried Corn, Turnip Greens, White Beans, Creamed Spinach, Fried Okra and Mac and Cheese. All are served with your choice of yeast rolls or cornbread. One of our special items, served Sunday through Thursday, is HOT CHICKEN on white bread and served with homemade pickles. What a treat! If you would like something "Cool", try our Cool Salads: Broccoli Salad (Tim's special recipe), Cole Slaw, Cranberry Salad, 3 Bean Salad, Pea Salad, Potato Salad, and delectable Chicken Salad made with green grapes and a special creamy sauce. And don't miss the old fashioned, just like Grandma used to make, Deviled Eggs! A must have is dessert, and oh, what choices there are! The house special served everyday is the World Famous Banana Pudding, made from scratch pudding, fresh bananas, vanilla wafers and a 5 inch cloud of real meringue! Then there are the fruit cobblers, two choices daily, apple, cherry, peach, and blackberry. The daily specials rotate and there are choices like made from scratch Brownies with house-made caramel sauce, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are a variety of cupcakes, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, and Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing! Be on the lookout for new and/or seasonal desserts, such as Pumpkin or Pecan Pie!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cool Cafe is one Hot place”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Ok lets start with the good, best fried chicken I've had in ages and one of my fav meals is fried chicken. It was fresh, hot crispy and not greasy. Plus it looked like a chicken breast not some puny keel bone or half of a breast. These people are serious about feeding you. I had more food for $12 than I have seen in a long time. I was visiting Franklin and Cool Springs and as usual I look to Trip Advisor for recomendations and this one will not steer you wrong.

I was expecting a full fledged restaurant and its not, not that it is a bad thing its a little bit self serve and its not a large place. I imagine they do a brisk take out. We arrived late they are only open till 8 we got there after 7 so I was a little leery. All of the food was hot and fresh. The down side is that as far as the meat goes there is not a wide selection, they had four that night and chicken of some form was three of those dishes. Fine for me I love chicken. You had fried chicken, bbq'd chicken, spicy fried chicken and pot roast.

All of us had chicken and all three agreed hands down best fried chicken we've had in ages. We all had the same three sides mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. All excellent, hot fresh and great tasting. One of us did have the spicy chicken and loved it as well. They did have a bunch of other sides to choose from that also looked very good as well. The only disappointment besides being too full for dessert was the corn bread. How can you fix southern food and screw up corn bread?????? However based on the rest of the meal I can forgive them. However not for long because I will
go back and they better have it perfected by then! If you are jonesing for some fried chicken this is your place.

• Visited April 2014

Franklin, Tennessee
“Love the pinto beans, chicken, and mashed potatoes.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very good meat and three. Cost about $13.00 for dinner and ice tea. The corn bread was just average, but everything else was great. Desserts looked pretty good, but the portions were so big, that we never got there.

Franklin, Tennessee
“Best Fried Chicken! Great Sides!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Cool Cafe has some of the best southern cooking I have experienced. Their fried chicken is some of the best if not the best I have ever tasted. Their sides are great too! I've never had anything that I didn't like from the Cool Cafe. Be sure to go there hungry because the portions are huge! Great place for a quick bite or to take the family. My only suggestion is that they change their name to something more fitting. If I had not heard what they serve through friends, I wouldnt necessarily associate them with a meat and three but more of a sandwich/salad spot.

• Visited September 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“This is the best Meat and Three in Franklin!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Their fried chicken is just like Gramma used to make!! Great variety of home-style vegetables. And the portions are HUGE!!! My husband can usually eat it all in one setting, but for me, there is enough food for 2 meals!! And don't even think about leaving without having some Banana Pudding!! It is to die for!!! I had them make a small one for my husbands birthday one year. He much preferred that over some birthday cake!! You must make a point to get to Cool Café if you are in the area. And if you live here, shame on you if you haven't tried it already!!!

Visited September 2013
Branford, Florida
“Best fried chicken”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If cafeteria food was always this GOOD! This by far was really good home cooking, from the fried chicken to the corn bread. Then top it off with the banana pudding! YUMMY!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Cool Cafe? Share your experiences!