“Home cookin'”

Barbara's Home Cookin
Ranked #40 of 424 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed poppyseed chicken with homemade sides of pineapple casserole, mac & cheese, green beans, and yummy rolls! Quaint and friendly atmosphere. It's a relaxing place to eat and visit with friends.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Have never heard of the establishment; however, was recommended to use them for catering. I am always skeptical to order from an unfamiliar restaurant; however, I could not be more pleased. From the initial telephone call until the delivery, everything was effortless and smooth for me. Friendly service, punctual delivery, and great food made me the "hero of the day"! Will definitely have this on my catering "favorites list". Fried chicken was excellent and I almost made myself sick eating the yeast rolls and butter. Managed to save room for pie and I was not disappointed!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

The menu is limited but who cares! It’s all good and The homemade pies are delicious. The South African family owners are friendly and want you to enjoy everything.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank lens494
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Love coming here for a good meat and 3. The fried chicken and poppyseed chicken are wonderful. Good sides and deserts. Overall a great value for the money with a wonderful staff. Love the yeast rolls and pecan pie.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Barolo-Alba
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had heard about this restaurant from a friend, so we drove down from Hendersonville last weekend to check it out. Barbara's did not disappoint! The service was great, and the food was amazing! True southern cooking. I am still craving those yeast rolls! The restaurant itself is off the beaten path, which makes it that much better. I loved the atmosphere. We will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: November 2018