“"Home Cookin" at its best!”

Barbara's Home Cookin
Ranked #54 of 383 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We finally had the pleasure of eating at Barbara's while in Franklin. I enjoyed the Fried Chicken while the others in my party raved about their Poppyseed Chicken. All of our sides were fresh and delicious.The rolls that were brought to our table were amazing and disappeared quickly! The desserts looked great but we were too full to try them…perhaps next visit because we will come back.

1  Thank BearFacts

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best home cookin' restaurant EVER. The service was impeccable. The food was delicious....,. Especially the poppyseed chicken!

Go.....first chance you get. And wear comfy clothes. You will want to eat until you pop!

1  Thank MyTrips1000
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a mid afternoon lunch here.
I had fried chicken...the best ever!! The rolls are beyond fabulous!!! My sides were Mac and cheese (so-so) and scrumptious sweet potato casserole. Hubby had poppyseed chicken...he loved it!! His sides were mashed potatoes and creamed corn...both excellent!! My son had chicken fingers with potato salad and fries. He ordered more potato salad to go...need I say more!!! He loved the fingers and fries too! Our waitress was Norma...by far the best waitress EVER!!! We told her it was our first time there so before we ordered she had us try the pineapple casserole (which I should have ordered in place of the Mac and cheese) and the poppyseed chicken (which convinced my husband). At the end of the meal, we wondered what Martha Washington candy was so Norma had us try it...wow!!!!...so delicious...we bought some to take home!! Be sure to try it when you go to Barbara's!! I had fudge pie for dessert...should have taken it home...I was about to burst!! The fudge pie was great!!! Once again, huge shout out to Norma!!! She made our day!!!
Go to Barbara's...you will absolute love it!!!

1  Thank Janie K
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ever want to be ten years old, sitting at your Grandma's table, and eating the best food you have ever tasted? Barbara's is the place for you. I was introduced to this little gem ten years ago when I was in Brentwood, and returned recently with my best friend and our daughters. It hadn't changed one bit. It's a little house off the side of the road with some wrought iron tables out front. The dining rooms are filled with mismatched tables and chairs and pictures of their famous clients. Fried chicken, poppy seed chicken casserole, crab cakes, roast beef, turkey with dressing, pork chops are the staple entrees. Veggie sides are southern favorites: green beans, sweet potato casserole, fried okra, macaroni and cheese, greens. The homemade yeast rolls are masterpieces. Mile high pies and delicious cakes finish off the meal. All they need is a big comfy couch to crash on when you have finished.

1  Thank misslisaratl
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had the Crab Cakes, they were average to pretty good. I have had better and I have had ALOT worse. My wife had the fried Pork Chops, they were very good. The veg. were all good. The ROLLS were the best I have ever had anywhere!!!!! Service was excellent.