“Best home cookin'”

Barbara's Home Cookin
Ranked #47 of 389 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best home cookin' restaurant EVER. The service was impeccable. The food was delicious....,. Especially the poppyseed chicken!

Go.....first chance you get. And wear comfy clothes. You will want to eat until you pop!

1  Thank MyTrips1000

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a mid afternoon lunch here.
I had fried chicken...the best ever!! The rolls are beyond fabulous!!! My sides were Mac and cheese (so-so) and scrumptious sweet potato casserole. Hubby had poppyseed chicken...he loved it!! His sides were mashed potatoes and creamed corn...both excellent!! My son had chicken fingers with potato salad and fries. He ordered more potato salad to go...need I say more!!! He loved the fingers and fries too! Our waitress was Norma...by far the best waitress EVER!!! We told her it was our first time there so before we ordered she had us try the pineapple casserole (which I should have ordered in place of the Mac and cheese) and the poppyseed chicken (which convinced my husband). At the end of the meal, we wondered what Martha Washington candy was so Norma had us try it...wow!!!!...so delicious...we bought some to take home!! Be sure to try it when you go to Barbara's!! I had fudge pie for dessert...should have taken it home...I was about to burst!! The fudge pie was great!!! Once again, huge shout out to Norma!!! She made our day!!!
Go to Barbara's...you will absolute love it!!!

1  Thank Janie K
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ever want to be ten years old, sitting at your Grandma's table, and eating the best food you have ever tasted? Barbara's is the place for you. I was introduced to this little gem ten years ago when I was in Brentwood, and returned recently with my best friend and our daughters. It hadn't changed one bit. It's a little house off the side of the road with some wrought iron tables out front. The dining rooms are filled with mismatched tables and chairs and pictures of their famous clients. Fried chicken, poppy seed chicken casserole, crab cakes, roast beef, turkey with dressing, pork chops are the staple entrees. Veggie sides are southern favorites: green beans, sweet potato casserole, fried okra, macaroni and cheese, greens. The homemade yeast rolls are masterpieces. Mile high pies and delicious cakes finish off the meal. All they need is a big comfy couch to crash on when you have finished.

1  Thank misslisaratl
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had the Crab Cakes, they were average to pretty good. I have had better and I have had ALOT worse. My wife had the fried Pork Chops, they were very good. The veg. were all good. The ROLLS were the best I have ever had anywhere!!!!! Service was excellent.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Been living in Franklin for a couple of years now and have passed by Barbaras several times but never stopped in. Had family from the Northeast in town and wanted to get them some home style southern food. We decided to stop in and try. The server Norma was super nice and actually gave us samples of food to try. We decided as a group to order a few different things on the menu. Fried chicken, poppy seed chicken , catfish and of course all the side vegetable choices. The fried chicken was and fried and very good along with the catfish. Then poppy seed chicken was ok but came out cold. The poppy seed chicken gets a little sickening after a few bites and is heavy. Them sweet potato casserole was great along with cream corn but the greenbeans and peas were absolutely terrible. The desserts were very good but the chess pie is not for everyone .. Sweet and heavy. Might try again but stick to the fried chicken and the casserole sides.

1  Thank Anthony C