“Great southern food”

Barbara's Home Cookin
Ranked #59 of 378 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Heaping servings. I had a vegetable plate and my husband had the chicken casserole. The yeast rolls were out of this world. The place is small but has outside seating. The waitress was friendly and courteous. We were in Franklin for the Senior Olympics and wanted to eat where the locals eat and we will be back. The dessert counter was filled with homemade cakes and pies but we were too full. Next time we will go for dessert.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I almost hate to review Barbara's because it's the kind of place you want to keep all to yourself.
I've been going there since she opened, I guess close to 20 years ago. The best fried chicken and the most amazing rolls. My wife (who is a very healthy eater) says she just wants chicken with a side of chicken and rolls. It's small and a funky little house...just like it ought to be. The pies and cakes are good. It can get busy, especially at brunch on Sunday. Try off hours. Barbara is my friend too, after all these years, so I want to spread the word for her, but I'd rather keep it a secret. P.S. if you can get any cinnamon rolls, do it! But if I find out you got the last ones I am following you to the car.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This little house is tough to find. It is off the main road and you'd easily drive right past it. The basic meat and vegetable lunch plate with modest (but ample) servings was excellent. I had the fried chicken and my wife had crab cakes - both were delicious. No grease. The rolls were extra delicious. The only reason I didn't give an Excellent rating, was the service... or lack of service. We were greeted and shown to a table promptly however we never saw the waitress again except while she was scampering outside.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Barbara's is a true southern gem. Nestled in an old house halfway between Nashville and Franklin, this little restaurant serves up food worth the drive from either! Their yeast rolls are to die for!

1  Thank kfite
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a small quaint house nestled between trees on Old Natchez Trace. Looks inside like a dive diner from the 60s, bu the food is amazing. Poppy Seed Chicken and the fried chicken are awesome. The bread rolls are to die for. Many celebrities have eaten hear. Don't let the appearance scare you away.

3  Thank Vincent R