“Best steak in Franklin”

Sperry's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sperry's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 398 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We enjoyed wonderful service and excellent food. Charming atmosphere. The salad bar was fresh. The bananas foster cooked table side (if you wear a lot of hairspray stand back from the open flames. lol) was to die for good. Red snapper with lemon dill and capers excellent. New York strip with fried onion slithers atop, excellent. BBQ Shrimp and Grits, okay. Shrimp were excellent, grits....we have had better. Very nice wine selection. We would definitely go back!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were visiting with friends and one recommended Sperry's. I ordered the salmon florentine and ate every last bite, which is highly unusual for me! The portions are generous and everyone in our party left happy and full. We ended the dinner with Bananas Foster, prepared table-side. The atmosphere is cozy and a stone fireplace adds to the ambience.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had been looking for a good steak for years (since our family no longer raises cows) and finally found it in the filet at Sperry's. It is so good I chew slowly and savor it. It's the only place I will order medium or medium rare because the quality of the meat is so much better. Anyone who likes Stoney River and such probably can't distinguish the flavor difference anyway and would complain about the little higher cost. The seasoning is super and I like that it's on the table on the rare occasions I need more. As for non-steak entrees, I don't know because I don't order them, but the one time a tried a side I didn't like, she gladly removed it. So I wonder if the people who complain online let anyone at the restaurant know. Anyway, the sticky toffee pudding is delectable --again savor each bite. It's definitely one of the best desserts ever. The salad bar is great too, but on special nights can get sparse. I like the green goddess dressing for a nice change, and it's one of few places that actually seems to taste the fruit before they put it out. The servers vary as humans do, but there are two wonderful ladies, one whose so much fun and another with strong service dedication.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My goodness... Service was way under par for a high dollar restaurant. My son's steak was overcook and had to send back. My wife & I split a meal and the $5 split plate charge meant an extra plate being brought to the table and us cutting the steak ourselves. The dessert order was messed up as well with the wrong dessert being delivered to our table. So long Sperrys.

2  Thank TennesseeJon
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed with the food. It certainly did not match the prices. A few entrees had a vegetable with them but not all did and we all know how affordable a small veggie on the plate could be. I felt like we were being "nickled and dimed". To charge nearly $30 for a piece of fish and nothing else other than a salad just seemed greedy. The filet was stringy and the bread was cheap white bread! The wine menu speaks the same. While there were a few quality wines there were also plenty of cheap and very overpriced wines.
The service was very good until we discovered that she added 20%gratuity. There were 6 adults. We were again disappointed because we "ate well, drank wine were "good" guests". Once she laid our checks down, she got busy and we had to flag her down. She barely said thank you, preoccupied by other tables.
I won't go back unless they make changes to the menu. I never mind paying more but make sure it's WORTH IT"

2  Thank Happyandfreeboo22

Been to Sperry's Restaurant? Share your experiences!