“best bbq since I left Texas”
Review of Mickey Roos Texas Style BBQ - CLOSED

Mickey Roos Texas Style BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is by far the best bbq (especially beef) since I left Texas. I eat the ribs quite ofte and they are alway fall off the bone tender. Their sauces are really good expecially the spicy one. The banana pudding for dessert is really good. We've also had Mickey cater to our office and there is never anything left over. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank pt8106

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not a bad place to get barbecue in a pinch. There are better places but if you are in downtown Franklin area this is really the only place you should go. The service is good depending on the day and people on has your staff. Brisket is ok and the ribs are better. It doesn't measure up to a Memphis or Kansas Coty type barbecue which you will need to drive to downtown Nashville to get

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Apparently other reviewers have never tried good BBQ. Upon reading other (great) reviews on this place, we decided to give it a try. First of all, the service was not that great. It took forever for our waitress to acknowledge we were there, then take our orders, etc. The BBQ pork was ok (with their sauce, which is awesome, btw), the smoked sausage was pretty good, but the brisket....absolutely disgusting. Not quite sure what was done to it, but it didn't look or taste like any kind of brisket I've ever had. All the portions are quite large (which should be for what you are charged). Other members in our party were disappointed in their meals as well.

1  Thank LK4Bama
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had several people in our party so a variety of food was ordered. I was told the pulled pork bbq sandwich was good. I had a sampler plate and chose the chicken and brisket along with a side salad and baked potato. The salad was excellent, great blue cheese dressing, the baked potato was a steamed potato, had been sitting in foil for a while.

Getting to the chicken and brisket. The chicken was very dry and really tasteless. The brisket, definitely not like any brisket I've eaten and I have eaten brisket for a long time. This meat was tough and not very appetizing, no smoke flavor to it and no smoke ring, so I would venture to say, not sure if they smoke their brisket. I ate one piece and left the rest.

One of the children in our group got the chicken fingers. He said they tasted like old and wouldn't eat them after the 1st taste. They looked like they had freezer burn on them and they were very greasy. For a kid to not eat a chicken finger, you know something had to be wrong with it.

I will say, they have some great tasting sauce.

Our waitress seemed a little lost and confused at times, not sure if it was her fault or not but it took a good 5 minutes to have someone acknowledge we were in the joint, then another few minutes to take drink orders, so forth and so on.

Apparently they charge a 20% gratiuity for parties of 6 so be aware of that. We did not see that posted anywhere. I would not have tipped 20% on this visit, 15 yes...not 20.

We were just passing through so we will not be back. I can't say anything good about the food, didn't care for the atmosphere either.

Definitely not worth the $89.00 we spent on the meal.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have driven by this place 100 times. I read that they had good bbq, so I took out of town guests there. We were blown away! The brisket was awesome, the music was a bit loud, but all in all it was great. I will return.

1  Thank torrin66