“Living on a name”

Best Western Franklin Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I have always stayed at Best Westerns and thought they were a good, cheap room. This hotel changed my mind. The heater did not work properly which stunk because it was 21 degrees outside. The hot water did not work properly. The walls were paper thin so I was constantly up last night. The tv had no audio, and they portioned out the breakfast to you. You could not get it yourself. If you stay in the area do not stay here. They are living on the name and giving no service for it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sean M
dlegg353, General Manager at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

I have reviewed your concerns and wanted to apologies for your disappointing stay. We try to make sure that all our guest have a pleasant stay. I am sorry that we did meet your expectations. Thank you for your time and patronage

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Another interstate overnight for us. $60 for a good sized room with two queen beds. The room was clean enough. Lots of young men just hanging out in the dark parking lot, but what really annoyed us was that the desk clerk gave us keys to a room that was already occupied. My girls ran ahead and threw the door open. I shudder to think of what situations they could have walked in on. You can be sure we slept with our security bolts on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kmaFL

Thank you for the taking the time out to write your concerns. I am looking into security measures and will make sure that we do a much better job. I am retraining the front desk as well as the housekeeping department so both teams are on the same page. Thank you gain and hope that you give us another try.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I needed to stay in the Franklin area for one night, and after reading TripAdvisor reviews, since I did not need to spend time at a hotel except for a good night's sleep, the Best Western seemed like a great value. I was very satisfied with the quality of the updating the ownership is doing with the rooms. Also, the quality of the breakfast choices was a pleasant surprise, as I had to get an early start the next morning, and breakfast is a available at 6:00 a.m.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good place to crash and pay coupon rate. I would stay somewhere else if I wanted better conditions. Sheets were old and yellow and sink wasn't thoroughly clean. Beds weren't very comfortable but if you're over tired you can sleep through anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynn H
dlegg353, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to review our property. I wanted to address some of the issues concerning your stay with us. We have replaced all mattresses at our property to Serta Perfect sleepers. The room you had a brand new set. These new mattresses seem to be a little firm but extremely high quality. we have gone through a complete renovation in our rooms with new paint, carpet and tile. Not for sure what the issue was with your sheets for we have replaced all our sheets with the highest standards with Best Western. I have reviewed several of our rooms to see if we got a bad shipment that may cause a discolor and did not see any issues.

Thank you again we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Wanted a one nighter South of Nashville and chose this hotel for the location and value. Coming from the Interstate it is sorta tricky to get to due to street restrictions. This is an older facility but is undergoing a major renovation. My room was small as typical in older hotels, but had new paint, carpet, tile,and flat screen tv, but the mattress has not been replaced and was a bit hard and springy. The hot breakfast was good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
dlegg353, General Manager at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you taking the time out to write a review. We are pleased that you noticed our renovation items. Please visit us again in the future to see many more new items coming in 2014. We are very pleased with the outcome and love to hear such great remarks from our guest. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you In the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

door locks broken, bathroom fan broken.. room type reserved was noyhing compared to where i received a room. drunk person roaming around in front of office, then followed me to my room... front desk person couldn't have cared less about this person roaming the parking lot and hallways.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sanda E

Thank you for taking the time out to review our property. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations on your visit to Franklin Tennessee. We appreciate your concerns and promise that we will make sure we look into and correct security measures for our future guest. If you are back in our area please give me a call ahead of time so I can make sure that we make your next stay with us a pleasant one. On behalf of the staff and management team thank you for patronage and we look forward in hosting you in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at this motel for the night on our way to Nashville. Friendly check in contrasted with the rather offhand staff in the breakfast room the next morning. The king room however could hardly be faulted with flat screen cable TV, microwave, fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Next door is a Shoney's restaurant. At under £50 a night this motel is excellent value and recommended

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
dlegg353, Manager at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review.