“Firm bed”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Firm bed”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The beds were terrible, the room was clean, but the bed is what sells it for me, if they invested $100.00 on each bed with a memory foam or something they would get more use on the beds there. I am not a believer in Firm beds, I slept terrible. I will spend a little more next time looking for a Hotel next time. Plus the competition in the area is not much more expensive than the next there in Franklin. If your a Truck driver there are spots in the back of the hotel to park, the Publix is walking distance and there is a Waffle House next door if you decide to stay here, check out is at 11 am but if you ask they will give you a 12' oclock check out. They have HBO, and ESPN if tour a guy and Breakfast in the morning between 7-9, which I did not check to see if it was any good. They tried to update the room a little with the Flat screen and furniture it's okay.

• Stayed January 2013
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Best Western during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and sorry that you had a difficulty with the beds which caused a bad sleep.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but would like to inform that we have taken steps to procure comfortable beds in the rooms.

Your other points of observations are paid serious attention.

Please do visit us once again and see the difference.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Columbus, Indiana, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a very comfortable stay. The room was very spacious, the beds were comfortable. The hot breakfast was delicious. Only suggestion would be to add some yogurt. Only issue was in locating the exact entrance from the road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank BIJU L
dlegg353, General Manager at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you taking the time out review our property. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback. BY telling us what you liked about your stay helps us deliver a superior experience for you and future guest. we hope you will come visit us again.
O Fallon, MO
Reviewed December 6, 2012

No fresh towels or toiletries were given while we were there. Complained and got told to come and get them my self. Also there was the breakfast police that made sure no one took too much. When I went downstairs to check out and told the front desk what happened they offered to refund part of our money but they couldn't do anything because the manager wasn't there. Still waiting to hear from the manager.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank MARY T
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Best Western during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have addressed your observations for further improvement towards safety and security.

We are obliged for the overall remark of the hotel shall take special care on the amenities as well as the breakfast catering to our guests.

We hope that you will choose again and experience a nice and peaceful stay.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

It's a Best Western so I wasn't expecting much. It was cheap. It had free WiFi that worked most of the time.
Then I stepped on a cockroach in my room so they moved me. To a room that was so smoky that my eyes watered. So I left and went to a decent hotel.
Was also in a crappy part of Franklin. Not their fault.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank JPK_YVR
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and the review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

Upon receiving your guest review we immediately took the following steps.

Maintenance was informed of the report of roaches and ordered to do a thorough inspection of the premises. Professional exterminators will be called upon if needed.

The hotel staff has received retraining in the proper way to treat the guests and rendering the finest hospitality.

We are confident that you will find an all new experience with us and would choose us for the next stay while you visit our area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I walked in to the room and noticed immediately that it reeked and the bedding was filthy. The comforters looked like someone had eaten Thanksgiving dinner on both beds. The room was in terrible condition (dirty carpets, dented and marked up walls, dingy bathroom). The pillows on both beds had hair all over them, which was the last straw for me. I called the night manager on duty and told them I was not staying. He was nice enough to call a hotel down the street to get me a room, but had no excuse for why the room was so bad. I consider myself lucky that they didn't have any other rooms available. I had my family with me and there was no way I would have let my kids in that room. I was tricked by a few positive reviews, but the "Under New Management" sign out front should have been a tip to stay away. The manager offered to discount my next stay with them, but I won't be taking them (or any other Best Western) up on the offer. I didn't expect much from this place, but they managed to somehow disappoint.

Room Tip: Better hotels are available on the other side of I-65, right behind the Cracker Barrel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate your review and take it seriously for improvement. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

Remodeling of the rooms further are on the cards and housekeeping staff have received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them and to ensure the cleanliness of each room before checking in new guests.

We hope you received a good hospitality from the hotel staff as it seems from the review and it was rightly expected from them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay with us.

Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is an average hotel, for a much lower than average price. I've stayed in better hotels, all over the world - for two or four or six times more than what I paid to stay here. For an inexpensive hotel, I'd recommend this one. If you expect an above average room, then there are several in the area for double the price. The hotel seems to be under new management, and they seem to be serious about providing a good clean place to stay. The first time I stayed they were re-sealing and re-striping the parking lot, now it looks great. I've stayed here two weekends, when all I needed was a place to sleep and shower and grab a cup of coffee - the rooms were clean and the beds were just fine. It is very conveniently located, (barely) within sight of I-65 - but just far enough away so there is no road noise. Sure, there are a (very) few things that could be upgraded, but then we'd all be paying an additional $20/night to stay there also. The maids are friendly and the front desk staff is efficient. I'll stay there again if I need a hotel in Franklin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I WILL be uploading a picture of the COCKROACH I killed in my room yesterday! Not to mention the carpets are sooooooo gross... I didn't get done putting my stuff away (out of the luggage) and the bottoms of my feet were COMPLETELY BLACK... I'm not over exaggerating one bit.. they were not dark and dirty they had thick black sute caked on them. I decided to suck that up but then found a cockroach. I'm completely disgusted and so worried that I am going to bring those bugs to infest my personal home! When telling the person at the desk she did not act surprised or worried at all... Until people started coming in and she then seemed worried and mentioned that they have been spraying. Very grossed out and disturbed!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank caitmarie88
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at Best Western Franklin Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our area.

We have noted your website with observations which we take seriously towards further improvement.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

• Housekeeping staff received extra training to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness. They have been instructed to ensure the best hygiene and proper amenities before checking in a new guest to the room.

• Front office staff has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and experience the difference.