“Needs a lot of basic work”

BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville, Georgia
“Needs a lot of basic work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed one night on the way home. I called ahead to make sure there was a place to park my tractor trailer (a must). I will say the desk clerk was very nice and helpful on the phone. Upon arriving, however, it was a different story. An elderly couple that arrived at the same time was charged a much higher rate than I, and the clerk was complaining about guests stealing all the ashtrays from smoking rooms. I tried to remain optimistic. The room was just ok. I have stayed in some pretty bad hotels, but this had mountains of dust. I killed two roaches in the bathroom, and the fridge made all kinds of noises all night. Didn't sleep well at all. At least the breakfast was ok, actually had a lady serving the guests. Lots of pulp in the orange juice, and the coffee condiments came from the rooms. Not expecting a 5 star, but this was bad. Glad to get the heck out of there.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank cah3295
Kenbw, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to to reply about our hotel. I am sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. We strive to make sure that each and every guest has a wonderful stay. If for any reason our guest has a problem we go over and above to make sure we reconcile the problem immediately. Please accept my apologies and If you need to speak to me I would be more than happy to discuss any and all problems with your stay. Please contact David Legg 615-790-0570 ext 120. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you in the future

great value

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bulverde, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I am shocked by the recent reviews of this property. Our experience was very positive. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast room and lobby were spotless. The quality of the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Everyone was very helpful and nice. We found this property in a Tenn. coupon book, and we were there one night only.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbara m
Kenbw, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you so much for commenting on our hotel. We strive hard to make sure each and every guest has a pleasant stay. Our professional team leaders are trained thoroughly Best Western University to handle most guest complaints and concerns. While they are not perfect I still feel we have a great staff and wonderful hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your patronage in the future.
Greeneville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My family and I stayed here for three VERY LONG nights. We were traveling with a baseball team, and the coach had reserved the rooms. I had considered staying at another hotel. I knew this one wouldn't be that great, because you really do get what you pay for. We decided to give it a try anyway. The office was very nice and clean. The lady working, however, was a different story! She didn't even thank us! We unloaded our bags and tried to get settled in. The room smelled of mold so badly, we ran out to buy air fresheners at the store. There was food in the fridge from the last people that stayed there. Trash and PILES of dirt in the corners and around the furniture tells you something about how well they clean these rooms!! The pool was important since we have three children. I can't say enough about how NASTY this pool was! It even had BUGS swimming on it!!!! The tiles around the edges were almost black with finger prints. I could go on and on about how nasty this place is, but I hope everyone gets the point. I sent emails to the customer support. They told me that the reservation was not in my name. I then sent all of the info from my payment, room number, and all other information to confirm my stay. After all that, they didn't even answer my email. So, BEWARE! It is worth a little extra cash to get a CLEAN room! I would have never expected this from a Best Western!!! I will never stay there again, and I would advise other people to stay elsewhere as well!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherry03
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate and thank you for your review, and apologize for the same.

We take our guest reviews seriously towards further improvement.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

• Housekeeping staff received extra training to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness. They have been trained to inspect each room and clear before checking in a new guest.

• The Front Office staffs have received extra training to handle the responsibility of ensuring that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and feel the difference.

Hotel Manager.
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We booked this room room ahead of time. When we arrived my reservations could not be found. When I expressed concern about being charged for the room I was assured that as the reservation was not in the computer there was no chance of the charges being on my credit card. I asked if there were another room available and was told that there happened to be one room, the type we needed, available. When we opened the door to the room the bed covers were just thrown up over the sheets, water bottles were on the table, trash in the trash can, and dirty wash cloths in the bathroom. I immediately called the front desk. The clerk said he thought he knew what had happened and promised that our room would be cleaned by the time we returned. We returned that night (6 hrs. later) to find the room in the same condition. Needless to say we went to the office and explained that we could not stay in a dirty room and did not want to be charged. As there was a baseball tournament going on in Franklin we had to travel 20 miles to find a room. We did end up staying in another Best Western which was clean with very courteous staff. Later we found out that not only had we been charged for the reservations which they could not find but we were chared for the room which we could not stay in. I would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE!! Best Western did eventually compensate us for the room and understood our problem.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ccr55
Kenbw, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
I would like to thank you for your concern on your billing on a no show reservation. It is company policy if a guest does not supply a cancellation number or fails to cancel a reservation within 24 hours the hotel will bill the reservation for one night stay. If you have the cancellation number the hotel will be more than happy to reverse charges.

David Legg/Public Relations Manager
Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

The stay was fine It was not till I got home that we found the problem. When we got home we ad over 600.00 in pending transactions toward a bill that was suppose to be only 211.00 When all the smoke cleared we wound up being charged $52.00 to much. The real kicker is that it hhas been 10 days and we still have not gotten our money back. Be very wary of the bill, customer service has been nice, but the owner is rude and hatefull. Please find some where else to stay. You will thank me for it.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank carolyn2454
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our property. After investigating your concern we noticed that you used a debit card when you checked in. Some banks hold the full amount of your stay until you check out and then may take 7-10 business days to put the money back into your account. That is not the policy of the Hotel but the Bank.

David Legg/ Public Relations
Brookville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

Hotel is great for the value,staff super friendly,quiet area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wooftank
dlegg353, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel was near the interstate, and had a good rate. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. When we pulled up to our room, we noticed that the room next door had a broken window. We had entered our room and started to unload the car when our daughter noticed a huge live cockroach on one of the beds. We left immediately and got our money back. The desk clerk was apologetic, but he did not seem too surprised about the bug problem.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sarahk0204
Kenbw, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for choosing the bestwestern franklin tn for your recent stay in our area,
upon receipt of your review, the following steps,

1) Housekeeing staff received extra traing regarding the level of cleanliness which we require of them.

2 ) Mantenance staff was contacted concerning the report madeof bugs in the room. they were told to see to it that they were eiminated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the bestwestern franklin inn. i think you will be greatly pleased.

sincerely,