“Great staff and Wonderful Menu”

Red Pony Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Pony Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fourth Avenue
Transit: Fourth Ave. and Main Street Franklin TN
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Farm to table with an innovative menu. Everything is made from scratch with the freshest ingredients. We had a delightful meal. You may want to make a reservation.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

After spending the afternoon being overwhelmed by the brutality of the Battle of Franklin, we had dinner at the Red Pony. We had read about it in our trip planning and the previous evening at a restaurant in Brentwood, a local had highly recommended it so we called to make a reservation and could only get in at 5:00. We were out at Carnton Plantation for the 4:00 tour and they said it would last one hour. I called the restaurant and explained our dilemma and she insisted that we finish our tour and delay our reservation 15 minutes. And then when we arrived, we were seated at a table upstairs by the front window!

Three of us shared the delicious guacamole (and notably, on our bills, we were each charged for 1/3 of it; how many restaurants are willing to do this??). My partner had a salad and a burger (they make a limited number each day) and it was good but hard to eat. I loved the BLT (bacon, lobster and tomato) ravioli.

As busy as it was and even with us arriving 15 minutes late, we never felt rushed. Our server was Ashley M and she was excellent.

One last thing that we really liked about this place was one of the things listed on the menu was "a round of beers for the kitchen;" yes, it is exactly that. For $12, you could pay for a round of beers for the kitchen staff at the end of the night. Very cool.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great little place in downtown historic Franklin. Very tastee food and excellent service. Unique environment. Worth a visit while strolling through downtown.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Some friends and I dined here visiting the area for business. Jeremy was our server, and he was charming and attentive :-). We had several dishes--my favorites were the Bacon Wrapped Elk Medallions with a large cheese stuffed pepper, and the Kale Salad. I LOVED the Berry dessert we shared (no picture, sadly). We sat upstairs and outside at the back of the restaurant and the atmosphere was festive as we enjoyed the sunset!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After many rave reviews on the internet and such, we decided to try The Red Pony. We were seated by the bathrooms, even though there was plenty of seating in the restaurant, so I knew we were off to a bad start.

My husband had the burger. "We only make so many a day," said the waiter, "and they run out fast. You'll be lucky to get one." So, we did. I had a pasta dish.

My husband's burger was good, but we've had better at Bricktops. My penne pasta dish had a funny and spicy seasoning and I almost couldn't finish it. I took it home for the next day, thinking it would be better. I couldn't finish it then either.

Many people like The Red Pony and you may as well. My husband and I will choose to go elsewhere, for the money.