“Great meal”

Red Pony Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Pony Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 377 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fourth Avenue
Transit: Fourth Ave. and Main Street Franklin TN
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food was fantastic. The tenderloin was very tender and tasty, and the bleu cheese and corn risotto was delicious. The chocolate cake dessert was also special. The atmosphere is loud but inviting, and the service was very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Red Pony Restaurant

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We chose to eat at Red Pony for our 28th anniversary and made a 5:15 reservation. We were greeted in a friendly manner, and the hostess made note that this was our first visit to the restaurant based from the entry I had made in the online reservation. We were seated downstairs at a table for two next to the bar. At the time, we were the only customers downstairs. Our server was very pleasant and attentive for the most part although my tea glass was not refilled as often as it should for an upscale restaurant.

Within 10 minutes, a group of 5-7 people came to the bar and were very loud for the rest of our dinner time. My wife enjoyed the Blue Ribbon Chicken. Tender, juicy, good flavor. I had the BBQ Pork Steak. Generous portion size, tender and good flavor, but had way too much fat. It was served with eight large steak fries arranged in a criss-crossed rack (4 on 4) with the Pork Steak on top of the rack of fries... odd, but interesting presentation.

At the end of the meal, I walked upstairs and saw how much more seating and quiet it was. I wish the hostess would have seated up upstairs to begin with, and that I had known to request an upstairs table.

I'm not sure if we will come back or not. At $22 and $23, we had the least expensive items on the menu. Not sure if it is worth more to come back. The restaurant definitely wants to create an upscale image of itself. The bar atmosphere and noise was not very upscale.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience! The shrimp and grits are superb and beef tenderloin melts in your mouth. I recommend the "You're Killing Me Smalls" martini and the Clint Eastwood
Will return!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I enjoyed a great meal at Red Pony just last week with some colleagues of mine. We were seated upstairs and sectioned off from the rest of the floor. We had our own private dining experience. Their cocktail menu is a decent sized list, everyone seemed pleased with their order. We all shared appetizers, which were all incredible. I never would have guessed eggplant fries would taste so good! I enjoy trying new things, so I ordered the Elk Medallions... A M A Z I N G! I definitely recommend this dinner to any meat lover. The meat was so tender and delicious, the butter mashed potatoes were to die for, and the porchini gravy added just the right flavor. I would go back in a heart beat to have this meal. I can only imagine how tasty the other dinner options are!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

From the opening Bijou cocktail, to the ceviche with grilled avocado to a properly cooked Pittsburgh Strip, to an amazing waitress who "loosened" our first glass of wine and then poured every subsequent glass, and ending with excellent creme brulee and a divine gluten free coconut cake: an absolutely delectable dining experience without one atom if starch in it's collar.