“Creative Cuisine”

Red Pony Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Pony Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 369 Restaurants in Franklin
Transit: Fourth Ave. and Main Street Franklin TN
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Creative Cuisine”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Enjoyed a great supper at Red Pony while visiting the Nashville area. The restaurant is located on a quaint main street in the middle of town. Parking can be found along the side streets. Our table was positioned against a large window looking in on the kitchen where the novelty of watching staff in action was interesting. Because it was our first time there, we were given a treat of gnocchi in a creamy sauce with truffle oil. I WISH THAT WAS AN ENTREE! What a treat! Moved on to Korean Fried Chicken, which was wings in a spicy sauce, tasty but a little well done. Also had a goat cheese/strawberry salad which was a fine combination. Main plates were a pork steak cooked right and a nice piece of halibut. Both tasty with excellent sides. Sorry, no room for dessert. Service was friendly, energetic, and on top of everything. The meal passed a little quickly, next time, I'll slow down a little. Make reservations as this place is very busy. I might also mention a small bar up front, which would be great for people watching and drinks. Again, next time, I plan to linger.

• Visited April 2013

“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went here for our anniversary in July 2012. The atmosphere was romantic - small and dimly lit. The food was absolutely phenomenal. I had a watermelon, banana pepper salad at the waiter's recommendation. It sounded like a bad combo, but it was the best salad I've ever had.

Visited July 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Perfect antidote to a week of airport food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I have the rare opportunity to arrive at a client site a little early, I try to explore and eat at a local place. TripAdvisor directed me to Red Pony. I had never been to Franklin before, so did a walk around town before an early dinner. Charming place. As a solo female diner, I was given my choice of a table. The Red Pony martini (tequila, pomegrante, lime) was yummy. Welcoming touch - as a first-time patron, I received a lovely light gnocchi. I bypassed an entree to try a salad (asparagus, edaname, sesame dressing - how cool! ) and tempura shrimp sushi. The bread basket was excellent with 4 different varieties; spreads of lima bean puree and buttermilk butter. Service was knowledgeable without being condescending. Plenty of delicious food - enough to warrant a walk around town after dinner, too.

• Visited April 2013
Bellevue
“Superb dining experience from start to finish”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience at the Red Pony, preceding a fabulous live performance at the Franklin Theatre down the block. Everything clicked here, from the moment we arrived until we departed. Our reservation was honored on time, no wait. We were seated upstairs in a quiet, relatively large, romantically lit dining space. Our server was so special. He took great care to explain all of the options both on and off the menu, and was helpful in our desire to share several courses.

We started by splitting their fabulous guacamole, a very nice portion, served on fresh lettuce in a black lava bowl with homemade tortilla chips. Delicious! Then we split a grilled romaine salad topped with bacon jam and bleu cheese -- truly one of nicest blends of flavors. Lastly we split a wonderful red snapper preparation with a root vegetables "pancake" that was off-the-charts.

The bar delivers very nice drinks, reasonably priced, but they also have a plentiful wine list as well. The various dishes were promptly served by various staff as soon as they were ready in the kitchen, which was much appreciated. And our waiter was so nice to answer our many questions about Main Street in the city of Franklin and the Franklin Theatre.

Unfortunately we didn't have any capacity remaining for dessert but I'm sure the offerings are equal to the rest of the food. All told, we walked out of the Red Pony very satisfied, delightfully full, without having spent a fortune, and longing to return the next time we visit middle Tennessee.

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Top Notch”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I doubt you could go wrong with a night at Red Pony. Great, central location in Franklin, free municipal parking lot right across the street, lovely, somewhat romantic atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and professional. Lots of knowledge about the menu and brought us a nice amuse bouche "since this was our first visit to the restaurant." I don't know if that was true or not but it made us feel very welcomed. We sat downstairs and liked it just fine although we were over in a cozy corner. Nice touches like coat check from the front of the house too.

Seasonal menu but would have been nice to have one or two additional choices. While I love the dish, many restaurants in the area offer their version of shrimp and grits and since I'd had that at another restaurant the night before, I was looking for another option beyond the requisite chop or filet. I did have the Loster BLT which had top quality inredients and was very generous with the lobster.

Appreciate the Open Table reservation option that's becoming more popular since we were visiting from out of state.

• Visited February 2013