“Hidden Gem in Franklin”

Big Shakes Hot Chicken and Fish
Ranked #29 of 412 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This new restaurant in Franklin has an interesting back story the owners appeared on the show Shark Tank. They have an article on the wall about the one that go away from the sharks and that could not be more true!!
The place is simple inside with 3 booths and 3 tables. Nothing fancy and the music playing adds to the experience! They had a sign on the door that they opened at 12 and by the time they unlocked the doors there were 3 or 4 cars waiting. I think the menu must change (just sides maybe) daily. They offer chicken (original, cry baby hot and level 10 I can't remember the name of this level), fish (whiting and catfish) and shrimp burgers. We ordered the breast platter which comes with two sides. We chose white beans and fries.
The chicken was cooked perfectly and the cry baby hot spice was amazing!! Not too hot but not mild. The chicken was moist and somehow the seasoning soaked into the actual chicken meat and just made it perfect!! It's was a huge breast of meat which makes me think they must use the whole chicken here and cut fresh. Great price for what you receive.
Now, the white beans....they need to sell large sides of this...I would drive an hour to have the beans again. As a southern girl I think any southern restaurant is judged on how well they can make sides like white beans and potato salad and how good their sweet tea is. Big Shakes gets a perfect 10 for both!!! I'm not kidding when I say these are the best white beans I've ever had.
I can't eat here everyday or my waistline would hate me. I will however make this my new favorite local spot and visit often as a treat!

Date of visit: February 2014