“Eat here!!”

House Of India
Ranked #9 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: House of India, a fine Indian cuisine restaurant, prepares fresh, healthy, and aromatic traditional Indian dishes blend with contemporary taste. All our spices and ingredients are carefully selected by a highly experienced chef who works diligently to make the food consistent for our customers. We provide lunch buffet and dinner everyday. Great place to eat for events ranging from corporate meetings to dates, we also do catering for events! Come grab some freshly friend samosas along with an imported beer!
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The first time we visited it was amazing. So naturally we came back to see if they could repeat it. They did not let us down. The chicken tika marsala is the most creamy flavorfull I have ever had. The staff is soooo nice and hospitable. Your drink wont get low and they make you feel like you are the most important people in the room.

1  Thank Chris C

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The food is so good and service is excellent. They are very nice
Me and my wife love going down there as often as possible

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Cold food at lunch buffet.

I didn't want to write a bad review but my honey was adamant I submit this review.

We travel frequently and eat at local eateries, using TripAdvisor as our guide.

I LOVE Indian food!

I tried to love this place.

The manager DID greet us. Our server's limited English was still discernable. Unfortunately, this didn't help.

We arrived while the lunch buffet was still offered.

Major mistake.

I went to check out the buffet, while my honey ordered water and a Mango Lassi.

We proceeded to the buffet.

Some dishes were not replenished but we overheard that more was coming. So, we helped ourselves to perfect - looking Biryani rice, Naan, Dahl, Saag Paneer, Chicken Korma, Tandoori Chicken and Chicken Tikka.

At my first bite of the perfect - looking rice, I discovered it was cold. There was plenty of rice so I don't know how it was cold.

Next, I dipped my Naan into my Chicken Korma and discovered it, too, was cold.

Everything was cold except for the Chicken Tikka. That was lukewarm.

We immediately jumped to the buffet when we saw it being replenished.

WOOHOO! Hot food!

Alas, a bit late. Our opinions were tarnished.

My Mango Lassi showed up after that. Well, after I got hot food and I reminded our server.

I can only guess that the steam table was not operational, either due to malfunction or it was not turned on. In hindsight, I should've touched the steam table pans. I will do so, in the future.

My suggestion: avoid the lunch buffet.

1  Thank Eve2223
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Service was very good, atmosphere we pretty cool. The food was far below my expectation. It lacked spice and intrigue. Food and curries specifically, did not take any risks with flavors. Far better food in Franklin.

1  Thank OldBen_00
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is my favorite place to have lunch. I could go there every day and won't get tired, they provide a little variety every day on their buffet

1  Thank AlbaGN