“A laid back place to have a cup of coffee.”
Review of The Good Cup

The Good Cup
Ranked #5 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Franklin
Reviewed November 28, 2018

I visit the Good Cup a lot. I take my grandchildren to gymnastics that is across the street. Instead of waiting at the gym for their lesson to finish, I go to the Good Cup. They have comfortable seating and a friendly staff. My only complaint is if I don't get a specialty coffee, the coffee that is already prepared is not hot.

They do have gluten free options.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a nice find close to where I live. The breakfast cookie was ok not incredible. The donut was very good. Fresh and a nice tangy icing. The coffee was good but not top notch (milk foam not quite perfect). I’ll come back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I really try to give my business to small family run businesses, especially when they earn the respect of the community. The Good Cup just feels right, and their coffee and shop are awesome. All the workers are friendly and it’s just a great alternative to the larger coffee shops in the area of Franklin. It’s a very cozy place, and the walls have art for sale and I believe they still have live music at times.
I love their coffee mugs they sell too!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank gsweitz
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

I have been going to The Good Cup for over a decade . I now go more infrequently. The customer service at the front counter has declined over the years. Went in today for muffins and a chai and the server displayed an attitude of "I could care less you are buying things here." I am not happy with the attitude of the server who seemed so bothered to have to repeat to me my order. I was pleasant and courteous and she was not.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

This place is very chill and unassuming. I haven't had their food but their lattes are always good. I will go out of my way to come here instead of a well known chain.

Pros: easy parking, great coffee, fancy donuts in the morning, no pretention, super laid back, not hipster ... There is also a little table of toys and books for kids so its very family friendly.

Cons: The staff could look a little less grungey in my opinion - they always look like they rolled out of bed and walked in the door. Sometimes they get flustered when you ask them to recommend whole bean coffee to purchase (depending on the employee - sometimes they are very helpful).

Neither here nor there: There's a super random selection of jewelry and jams and sewn items for sale - it looks like consignment for the most part. It is not appealing enough for me to make a purchase but I have purchased art for sale hanging from a chain on the wall.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to The Good Cup? Share your experiences!