“Nice Place for Lunch”

Order Online
Ranked #18 of 31 Quick Bites in Franklin
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This was our first visit to Newks. Lunch was excellent - good quality, good service and overall good experience. We will definitely return again.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

REALLY DISAPPOINTED. Newk's has been a go-to for me, but maybe not any more. Started when I noticed the guy running the pass put his fingers on his face, on his beard and then on the back of his pants - and then proceed to put together pasta and soup for me (and others). Then the young lady who had been at the register went to the pass and while standing there sneezed. Didn't turn away. Didn't sneeze into her arm. Just sneezed right over the trays used to assemble food.

Get home and discover we did not get the 2 bowls of soup we wanted. Got one bowl and one cup. Then, I picked up the plastic container holding my sandwich and the bottom was slimy as could be. Almost like it sat on an oily surface.

Needless to say I’m not very happy. I know this is not fine dining, but there are some basic areas where they failed massively tonight.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a late afternoon lunch and unfortunately the person delivering our food to the table dumped my husbands full glass of Dr. Pepper all over his torso and lap. My husband was soaked, as was the seat and floor. The man apologized and went to get towels but my husband saw him just standing, talking to someone else (a co-worker) and in no apparent hurry to get back. The man finally came back and cleaned up the table (we moved to another table) and simply handed my husband another cup. He never offered to get my husband another drink, never checked our food to see if it too had been soaked, and never offered any compensation for our meal or the drink soaked clothes. Thankfully, we were not going to an appointment afterwards. We always enjoy the food at Newks but this was certainly a poor example of customer care.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Love their soups, sandwiches salads and pizza. People are friendly and helpful. Love their bread sticks too. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Always 3 choices of soups, besides all their sandwiches and salads. Delicious! Always clean and easy to get in and out.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Newks Eatery? Share your experiences!