“Historic local and up to date menu!”
Review of GRAYS on Main

GRAYS on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
GRAYS on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 378 Restaurants in Franklin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: GRAY'S on Main is adding to downtown Franklin, TN's existing repertoire that makes it one of the most talked about and charming downtowns in the South. Eclectic, yet traditional, GRAY'S menu reflects the best of the South in food, and focuses on locally sourced ingredients. The second floor bar and music hall features hand-crafted cocktails that celebrate the brandy culture of the late 19th century, along with live performances from Music City's finest. The third story holds a casual yet elegant space for our supper club members. At the core of GRAY'S mission lies a desire to honor the heritage of Tennessee's culture, through its spirits, flavors and sounds.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Here is to the chef and the management go Gray's. It is fun to be in a former location of businesses that pay tribute to their ancestors, if you will. It is popular, and food is excellent. Although my sandwich was delivered toasted when I clearly asked for not, a manager visited right away. She not only apologized but took the price off of our ticket. This is excellent service recovery. A crowded, popular place that moves ahead and is not afraid to correct mistakes, bound to happen, so graciously is a gem!

1  Thank Travelartgolf

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Ok, this was a really neat restaurant to go to. I love how they recycled bits and pieces from old Franklin. First off, you need to make reservations for coming here for dinner. At least a week in advance as this place is still considered pretty "hot". The beverages were really interesting, harkening back to the days where Brandy was the hot item. But, I was in the mood for wine. It took a while to try to find the right one. The food was just okay. I ordered the stuffed pork chops and collard greens. Porkchops were a little overdone, but the collard greens were some of the best I've ever had. The other members of our party felt the same, okay, but not great. There was live music available upstairs in a cool bar area after dinner. I go back for drinks & appetizers, but not dinner.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We dropped in without reservations. They were so accomodating and gracious! The bartender was busy stirring somekind of "cauldron" literally to brew up their homemade tonics. Our meal was amazing and the service was great!

1  Thank lassitgc
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The service is slow and way too talkative. By the time your food arrives the stand there and talk while your food grows cold. Doesn't make a difference. The food was bland, undercooked, and they really didn't take my food allergy seriously. The drinks were delightful and the bar has a good vibe, so I'd skip the food and just go for the drinks!

1  Thank NashvilleTourist13
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for dinner on a Monday night - didn't need reservations I guess because it was a Monday. Loved the building - we were shown to a table on the second floor and really enjoyed the decor (next time we'll call ahead for reservations to get a table by the window so we can people watch).

Drinks were good and our server was pleasant. Ordered the okra for an appetizer - delicious, but it did take a while to come out. I got the shrimp and grits, which was excellent - grits were creamy, shrimp well seasoned and the collard greens were delicous. My husband wasn't as fortunate - he ordered the trout (in a corn husk) - the small amount of the trout in the husk was pretty bland. Definitely wouldn't order it again.

We will come back because of the atmosphere - probably stick to ordering the "shareables" as those seem to get the best reviews.

1  Thank kd4bama

Been to GRAYS on Main? Share your experiences!