“"Neva Miss" - a truly excellent dining experience”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 386 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bakers Bridge Ave.
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

All in all, a great restaurant!
As a long-time member of the Red Canoe society, Stoney River is one of my favorite restaurants.

Everything is excellent; food, service, atmosphere, menu selection.
"Never a miss with this place"...a well run restaurant!

It was nice to see the Manager stop by our table to say hi and ask about our dining experience.
The wait staff are all trained well; friendly, knowledgeable and attentive to our needs.

Steaks are GREAT...especially the "coffee cured" filet. Salads, soups, sides and deserts are all what you would expect from a premium restaurant...delicious!

If you are looking for a remarkable place to dine...and you want to really enjoy your meal, then make your reservation and go.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had the pleasure of experiencing Stoney River Legendary Steaks in Franklin, TN this past week and let me tell you that they lived up to their name!

We started with the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake for an appetizer. When it first arrived, it looked super thick and I thought that it might not be done or might be cold in the center, but no, it was warm throughout. Exceptional taste!

I had the coffee-cured filet mignon and it was excellent. It equals the quality and taste of Morton's filet (and might surpass it!). It did not taste like coffee at all, but the brown sugar and molasses gave the steak a wonderful caramelization. The steak was cooked perfectly!

The sides were garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. The mashed potatoes were good. The broccoli had a taste similar to lickerish.

Overall the meal was very good (not excellent due to the broccoli).

If improvements could be made, it would be to add a rotating soup special instead of just having the same two soups all the time. Perhaps a baked potato or chicken tortilla soup? Add more side options as there were too many "potato" sides and not enough vegetable sides. How about some creamed corn?

I would visit again. In fact, if there was a Morton's next door, I would choose Stoney River!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Let me start by saying this is an edit of a previously 5 star review that was posted after frequenting this establishment since moving here... Stoney River is being managed by J. Alexanders now, and they're making many unwelcome changes. Several dishes have been changed for the worse, or removed entirely from the menu. "Parmesan Steak Fries" became "Shoestring fries". "Steak Salad" which served with Bib lettuce and chimichurri sauce, was removed from the menu entirely. The service is not as good as it used to be. Used to bring steaks to table, and wait for the first cut so that customer can confirm that the food was cooked as it was ordered. Never once did I ever have an issue with my steak being under or overcooked. They no longer do this, steaks are often undercooked now. They have remodeled. The soft, ambient, romantic, snug, welcoming environment is now gone. If we wanted J. Alexanders we would have gone there for dinner... they are right across the street.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were travelling through Franklin and we almost stopped at J Alexanders (we have one in the Birmingham area and it is ok), but spotted Stoney River and decided to try it. My wife and I both agreed it was the best prime rib we have ever eaten. I ordered the spinach to go with my prime rib and it was not only good, but the biggest portion I have ever gotten in a restaurant. The rolls were different from any rolls we have ever eaten and they were great. (Especially with the honey butter.)
The manager checked with us about our food. Our waiter (Nick) did a great job.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a team meal of about 20 and had the back room. We are a bunch of proffesionals that go out to eat on average 8-10 times a week all over te country..so we have some higher expectations . When you have people ordering drinks, appetizers, meals etc..you need more then one server. The wat to eat was ridiculous and the meals were not all correct. We just wanted to eat and leave..stews were ok but suggest chop houses with better attention to service..