“Pricey but worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 366 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bakers Bridge Ave.
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Strongsville, Ohio
“Pricey but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant for your everyday meal. Save it for a special date or, as we did, a catch-up with old friends. The steaks were wonderful and cooked exactly as we asked. The sides were plentiful with many choices and the wine list was exquisite.
We ordered two desserts and were disappointed with one, the creme brûlée. It tasted too much like flan for our liking. We weren't going to say anything but our server noticed we hadn't eaten it. She readily removed it from our bill.
The atmosphere was pleasant ant not as noisy or as dimly lit as J. Alexander's .

Franklin, Tennessee
“"Grilled" chicken salad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant since it opened, until 2007. At that time the food took a nose dive. Each time we ate there, one of the managers always comes by to see how our food was. Each time someone in our party had a complaint! This was NOT SO until 2007! We have been back three times in the past month, each time the food was not as it was when we went there for so many years! Last night I ordered the "Grilled" chicken salad. We were in a hurry, I did not wish to complain once again, I ate part of it and we left without making a comment. The chicken had ZERO flavor and was mushy as though it had been boiled and left in the hot water too long. The Chinese noodles were soggy as well. We will not give them another try. They have made too many changes in their recipes and ruined the food! The staff continues to be accommodating and friendly. Whoever made the decision to change the recipes is unwise! it could well the O'Charlie's ownership that has decided to bring this restaurant part of the chain, down to their level of food quality!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“5 people, $244 and just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went on a Sunday evening to celebrate our 29th anniversary and we took 3 of our children (teens & recent college grad). It was just OK. I tried to save a few bucks by going to Stoney River instead of Ruth's Chris; I wish I had spent the extra money. One thing that stuck out, the employees did not seem trained in how to approach the customer. Our waiter "corrected" us as we ordered instead of coaching or clarifying as we ordered. When the food arrived, I was looking down at my phone. The runner or expediter reached across me (to serve my wife's meal) without any greeting or "excuse me" or "I have a medium Lodge Filet". I was a bit startled and could have easily knocked it out of her hand. My Cowboy (bone in) ribeye tasted good but was very fatty and I'm not freaked out by fat. I think you can get a better steak at Logan's for $20.

I eat here about once a year or twice a year....and I will be in no hurry to go back. In the Cool Springs area, J Alexander's or Amerigo would be a would be a better choice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
North Port, Florida
“3 year anniversary dinner, very romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 3 yr anniversary today and decided to eat here for dinner. Inside was very romantic. Cherry woods, dim lights, a little noisey in the kitchen but not bad. I loved how it was all open to the kitchen so you could watch, we were seated fairly close. Our waiter was great. He was friendly and attentive. The prices are high. Some things I understand why but $5 for fries? They weren't as good as red Robbin but could be compared to them. Also the deserts were very pricey. We had the cheesecake. It wasn't bad but again overpriced. Cheesecake Factory is less expensive and much better. The steaks however were worth the price. Prime rib was cooked perfect, like others have mentioned it melts in your mouth and was very good. Also the one pound baked potato was filling and also good. I still think they overcharge for some things but the steaks are worth it! We had a great night and would love to return in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“OMG!!! The best steak you will ever eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We wanted a great meal and so we treated ourselves to this restaurant. Prices seem high but once you get your meal and realize the quality it's worth every penny. The most tender steak you will ever have the pleasure to eat.

Visited July 2013