“Used to love this place- not so much anymore”

McCreary's Irish Pub & Eatery
Ranked #28 of 378 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have eaten here at McCreary's very often over the last two years. I've enjoyed the food and, when in the company of friends, the service has been acceptable.
I stopped in a month ago or so. I was alone for the first time. I took a seat and expected service. Both servers walked past me at least three times and paid no attention to me. I waved for attention to the folks behind the bar, and still nothing.
After about 10 minutes, I got up and left, walking directly past one of the servers- who still did nothing to notice my presence.
Seems that with the "new" ownership they don't need customers as much as the old owners. Sad to see this place go this route.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Good fish and chips and a pint of Guinness....whats else needs to be said?

Reviewed June 1, 2011

The fish and chips arevery good and the service was good. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I was staying with friends in Franklin, TN on New Years Eve. It was raining, and so instead of heading into Nashville for NYE celebrations, we decided instead to go out for dinner in Franklin, and one of my friends reccommended this place!

We ordered the Fish & Chips, Shephards Pie and the Chicken Pot Pie, which we shared amongst the 3 of us. All were wonderful. The fish was moist and yummy, the chips were great and presentation was also good.

Atmosphere was great - the tables are quite close together (so much so that we could smell the desert of the neighbouring table as if it was on our own) and it's not the quietest place, so not really a place to go if you are looking for something quiet/private, but it had a great feeling. The waitstaff were also very friendly!

Would definately reccommend this to all visiting Franklin, and can't wait to go again next time I am back in town!

1  Thank madsin
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Every time I have friends or relatives come to visit, I take them to McCreary's. I enjoy this pub. It is small and at times, expect a wait on the weekend (evenings). A great selection of food and drink. Always a pleaser!