“Locally grown vegetables!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Liberty Pike
Reviewed August 10, 2014

If you enjoy locally grown produce then this is your place. We visit the farmers market to purchase fresh vegetables but the chef here does a much better job with them than I can at home. I'm more of a frozen steam bag veggie kind of cook.

The service was great. I couldn't tell you who our waitress/ waiter was because everyone working checked on us at some point as they passed our table. It was cool that they worked together to be sure all the customers had what they needed.

I was having trouble deciding from all the great menu choices. As soon as I heard the meat special the decision was made. It was meatloaf. I love meatloaf and this one did not disappoint. It was delicious. I had mashed potatoes and green beans with it. They were also very delicious.

We've had dinner here in the past also and the fish specials are always amazing.

5  Thank Terrihav

Reviewed July 15, 2014

After seeing Saffire's Chef Lenny on Chopped, we decided to have lunch at the Saffire restaurant, located in The Factory in Franklin, TN and sample his cuisine in an "untimed" venue. I had a bowl of gumbo and a blue cheese salad, my wife had a chicken sandwich. Despite the gumbo being saltier than what I like, all else was excellent. Special kudos to Saffire for their wait staff. When we arrived, the greeter asked if we had eaten there previously (we hadn't) and, learning that we came because of Chef Lenny's appearance on Chopped, she took it on herself to mention it to him. He came out and we had a delightful chat regarding his approach to making a roux and his experiences on Chopped. Our wait person was great. So, outside of a little more NaCl than what I'd care for, we would recommend Saffire to anyone in the Nashville/Franklin area.

5  Thank Doug L
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just finished dinner here. As it was a Sunday evening we were able to get a table without an reservation. We had the Caesar salad, fried avocado appetizer,filet, fish tacos, buttermilk pie and key lime pie. Everything was good. Filet cooked perfectly and very tender. Portions were large and we left with several doggy bags. Service was excellent. Our waiter did many extra things for us. Wasn't too noisy in the restaurant. Would return.

6  Thank Princess Kathy ... O
Reviewed July 6, 2014

One of the best restaurants in Franklin. Great atmosphere, great drink menu, and great food. I often take visitors here for a unique experience.

5  Thank Amy0331
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visited friends who live in Franklin and we ate at the Saffire which is located, along with other retailers, in an old factory so very ecclectic. We were there on Sunday evening and coming from the northeast, where restaurants like this one would be very busy, this one was not..that was a surprise. The food was very good and the choices and presentations were very interesting. Never heard of Chicken fried chicken but when it came out it was quite a large portion served over a penne mac and cheese. The Caesar Salad was not typical as the dressing also had some balsamic in it which gave it a sweet taste...really like the difference. Fried oysters were an appetizer and they were small and not much flavor....now the best thing was their Bread Pudding...best any of us have had and not the usual...orange and cinnamon flavor and warm...not even sure ice cream with it would have improved on it. The town of Franklin is very quaint and I noted quite a few upscale stores that one might find in a mall. Service was good and not over priced

5  Thank Maxx2cats

Been to Saffire? Share your experiences!